Airplane Mode : automatic switching [solved]

manish0904

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi all the Android users out there, this post is for the people who are facing the most irritating bug ever, the airplane mode coming on automatically. So I started encountring this thing first between Wifi and data connection, automatically the data would turn on, again and again and again....so as i wanted to downlaod large chunk of data i put my phone in Airplane mode and slept with Wifi on. Next morning i was happy everything downloaded, so i switched back from Airplane and there it was, every time i switched my airplane mode off, wifi came on and it went to Airplane mode almost in few seconds, this kept happening repeadtly, then i googled a lot and found the problem exists with others too.

So how did I solve it.

1. Remove your sim card.
2. Switch off Airplane mode, it will show no service and a cross on signal bar.
3. Switch off Wifi.
4. Now keep the phone on charging for 24 hours.
You may use the phone to play games or songs, but do not touch any network related settings.
5. After 24 hours put the sim back and this should be solved.

This may sound ridiculous but this is how I solved mine, it seems like keeping the phone in one mode for long time, it just doesnt want to get out of it, i have experienced this with different modes, like Vibration mode, mute, airplane (ofcourse), data connection and headphone (wont go away even after removing the jack, restart needed).

Good luck!!

compchip

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I had similar situation where phone kept going into silent/vibrate mode after anyone would call. As soon as I hung up, the phone automatically switched to vibrate mode which would make me miss the next call if I didnt have the phone near me. I called support and they had me turn phone off and remove the battery and then hold the power on button for 30 seconds do drain any residual energy. Put the battery back in and power on. Has been working ok for a week now...so time will tell.