Why does my android say messages were sent on December 31, 1996 at 7 pm when today is June 14, 2015 at 12:34 pm. I currently have an older version android phone called avian its a go phone under at&t. I also have another problem where there are available updates for my phone, so I go to up date it it says download may take several minuets, then it says that it will shutdown my phone then restart it. Next a message pops up saying that there was a package mismatch, unable to update and something about an FOTA. I just want to know if it is possible to fix the problems without losing my phone info or getting a new phone.
    06-14-2015 01:07 PM
    1. Check the date the phone says it is. If it's wrong, go to Settings and make sure the time and date (and timezone) is set to automatic.

2. Bring the phone into an AT&T store and find out where the nearest Device Support Center is (it could even be in that store). Ask them if they can flash the update for you. (It won't lose any info, but back up to be certain - Backing up an Android Device.

It is possible that the phone isn't the one you have registered. The update you get is for the phone you have registered. If you changed phones, you'll have to ask them to do an "equipment swap" (no charge) then wait about a day until it gets through the system - then the update you get will be for your phone. (I have 2 totally different Androids, so if I want to do a version update [which I won't yet - 5.1.1.still doesn't offer me anything] I have to go to the store and do an equipment swap, update the phone, then go back and do another equipment swap back to my main phone. You can swap SIM cards, but the update is for the registered phone.)
    anon8380037 likes this.
    06-14-2015 05:08 PM