Where do I find my clipboard on my HP laptop?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: where do i find my clipboard on my HP laptop

Welcome to Android Central. This forum is about Android devices, not really computers. Most of the time the clipboard holds one thing that you have copied. Once you select something else to copy, the first item gets erased.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

The clipboard isn't a "thing", it's an area of RAM set aside by the operating system to hold what you copy or cut. After you've copied or cut what you want "including files, folders, pictures, text, etc.) you can paste it somewhere else.

There are some apps, like Clipper - Clipboard Manager, that take over that function and let you choose which of the last few things (or more) you put "into the clipboard" to paste. But you can't "find" it - it's just a bunch of data, usually not human-readable, in RAM somewhere.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

The clipboard isn't a "thing", it's an area of RAM set aside by the operating system to hold what you copy or cut. After you've copied or cut what you want "including files, folders, pictures, text, etc.) you can paste it somewhere else.

There are some apps, like Clipper - Clipboard Manager, that take over that function and let you choose which of the last few things (or more) you put "into the clipboard" to paste. But you can't "find" it - it's just a bunch of data, usually not human-readable, in RAM somewhere.
Is ram always lost on power down?

I can save a random bit of text from a note app, power down, not reboot for 20 minutes (I just ran out of battery when I tried this again )
and I can paste that text after powering up. Both on my Moto G, and my former Note 3 which saves more clips even after reboot. Very confusing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34