Windows ADB driver problem

AndroidC_Dude

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Relatively fresh re-install of WinXP, and it won't recognize the drivers for my Evo. (In Device Manager, it shows "ADB" next to a yellow question-mark icon under "Other" device category). I've tried removing and re-installing the driver (from SDK r08), but it complains that the .inf file has no info on my device. I've tried this on someone else's PC and it works there, so it's my PC/SW. Any idea how to go about fixing this?

Thanks!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Relatively fresh re-install of WinXP, and it won't recognize the drivers for my Evo. (In Device Manager, it shows "ADB" next to a yellow question-mark icon under "Other" device category). I've tried removing and re-installing the driver (from SDK r08), but it complains that the .inf file has no info on my device. I've tried this on someone else's PC and it works there, so it's my PC/SW. Any idea how to go about fixing this?

Thanks!

Try this
[HOW-TO] ADB for Dummies(How-To Learner's Guide) - xda-developers

AndroidC_Dude

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep -- just installed HTC Sync and that solved the problem. Odd that I did this a few months ago, (and I did not install Sync back then) and had no problems with it. Same PC, same HD, same HW, same OS, same phone. Just had to re-install WinXP due to a crash.

Still have one prob now, which is that Eclipse is not recognizing the phone, but I'll investigate that before I say more about it.

Much thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac