How can I update the Android version on Multiple Phones (60+)?

erneye

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Updating Android version on Multiple Phones (60+)

Hi,
I I have been requested to support an android update to KITKAT 4.4.2 on over 60 Galaxy Note 2 ( GT-N7100) devices
Due to a poor network connection doing it over the air or by using Kies will take several weeks - its taking an hour to download the update over network - wired and wirelessly
As these are corporate devices I don't want to use any 'dodgy' or illegal software
I have managed to retain the update files in the temp zip file that Kies creates but do not know how to re-use this
Is anyone aware of a way I can get Kies to use the retained download, so I can download it once and then just plug in the different devices and run the upgrade

If anyone has any better ideas for how to do this, device management etc I'm open to sensible suggestions
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Updating Android version on Multiple Phones (60+)

Hi,
I I have been requested to support an android update to KITKAT 4.4.2 on over 60 Galaxy Note 2 ( GT-N7100) devices
Due to a poor network connection doing it over the air or by using Kies will take several weeks - its taking an hour to download the update over network - wired and wirelessly
As these are corporate devices I don't want to use any 'dodgy' or illegal software
I have managed to retain the update files in the temp zip file that Kies creates but do not know how to re-use this
Is anyone aware of a way I can get Kies to use the retained download, so I can download it once and then just plug in the different devices and run the upgrade

If anyone has any better ideas for how to do this, device management etc I'm open to sensible suggestions
Thanks in advance

If you have the update file you may be able to transfer the file to the phone just outside all of the folders. Maybe level of the internal storage, rename the zip file to update.zip, boot in to recovery mode on the phone and there should be a option to apply update from external storage. Chose that and locate the file and see if the update goes through or errors out.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Updating Android version on Multiple Phones (60+)

Hi,

Thanks in advance

If you have the update file you may be able to transfer the file to the phone just outside all of the folders. Main level of the internal storage, rename the zip file to update.zip, boot in to recovery mode on the phone and there should be a option to apply update from external storage. Chose that and locate the file and see if the update goes through or errors out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze