Hey, ok so im new to android coming from Apple and i decided to give android a try ( iphones are everywhere where i live, I want something different). I've researched alot the past mnth or so and im interested in the g4, m9 and maybe the nexus 6. My major selling factors are in order of importance from first to last ( 1st being the most important):

-Has to be a recent phone ( late 2014- present)
    -No lag or random reboots
    -Great battery life
    -Good for media consumption ( listening to music, browsing the web, watching videos online)
    -Has to be future proof ( relavent in 2 years)
    -Build Quality

Thats basically it and for people that are saying "what about screen and camera" i couldn't care less about the camera in my eyes the pictures from the htc one m9, s6 and g4 all look the same ( no offense to anybody thats huge on photography) and with the screen its basically the same.
    06-21-2015 06:20 PM
    Hey, ok so im new to android coming from Apple and i decided to give android a try ( iphones are everywhere where i live, I want something different). I've researched alot the past mnth or so and im interested in the g4, m9 and maybe the nexus 6. My major selling factors are in order of importance from first to last ( 1st being the most important):

-Has to be a recent phone ( late 2014- present)
    -No lag or random reboots
    -Great battery life
    -Good for media consumption ( listening to music, browsing the web, watching videos online)
    -Has to be future proof ( relavent in 2 years)
    -Build Quality

Thats basically it and for people that are saying "what about screen and camera" i couldn't care less about the camera in my eyes the pictures from the htc one m9, s6 and g4 all look the same ( no offense to anybody thats huge on photography) and with the screen its basically the same.
    i vote Nexus 6. no other model is more future-proof. no bloatware. fast OS updates. it is THE Google Phone. pure Google Android. BUT if you can hang on until Oct/Nov i would wait and get the next Nexus.

good luck.
    06-21-2015 06:54 PM
    I'd look heavily at the M9. I'm on the M8 and other than being older, it'd still meet your criteria. That's including the lack of lag.
    06-21-2015 09:10 PM
    yeah but i feel like that phone would be to big, not for my hands but for my pocket the max size would be the lg g4 and minum would be something like the iphone 6
    06-21-2015 09:18 PM
    It's a little smaller than the M8, which fits ok in my pockets. I usually wear cargo shorts/pants, which has somewhat loose pockets. If you have tight pockets, I could see that being an issue.
    06-21-2015 09:40 PM
    It's a little smaller than the M8, which fits ok in my pockets. I usually wear cargo shorts/pants, which has somewhat loose pockets. If you have tight pockets, I could see that being an issue.
    sorry i meant that to be for the nexus 6 comment.The m9 has a great size.
    06-21-2015 09:44 PM
    i vote Nexus 6. no other model is more future-proof. no bloatware. fast OS updates. it is THE Google Phone. pure Google Android. BUT if you can hang on until Oct/Nov i would wait and get the next Nexus.

good luck.
    i find that phone to big a little to big not for my hands but for my pockets.
    06-21-2015 09:45 PM
    sorry i meant that to be for the nexus 6 comment.The m9 has a great size.
    No worries. I did remember something that you may want to know about HTC, though. The most recent updates to their lock screen and Blinkfeed have added advertising. The lock screen is supposed to only suggest near by restaurants, but Blinkfeed has other ads. Not sure if you can disable them on the lock screen, but people say you can disable the Blinkfeed ads.

I'm personally not dealing with them because I haven't accepted the two updates for those apps in Play and don't plan on it as long as they keep the advertising. I also use a different launcher, and not Blinkfeed. It's the first time I've seen a manufacturer put ads in their phone as part of the system, so figured you should at least know what you could be getting in to. Not sure if those ads will be in the factory stock version of M9, but will certainly be added if you take their updates.
    06-21-2015 10:08 PM
    No worries. I did remember something that you may want to know about HTC, though. The most recent updates to their lock screen and Blinkfeed have added advertising. The lock screen is supposed to only suggest near by restaurants, but Blinkfeed has other ads. Not sure if you can disable them on the lock screen, but people say you can disable the Blinkfeed ads.

I'm personally not dealing with them because I haven't accepted the two updates for those apps in Play and don't plan on it as long as they keep the advertising. I also use a different launcher, and not Blinkfeed. It's the first time I've seen a manufacturer put ads in their phone as part of the system, so figured you should at least know what you could be getting in to. Not sure if those ads will be in the factory stock version of M9, but will certainly be added if you take their updates.
    meh i really dont mind about blinkfeed i may like i may not idk , hows the battery life under heavy use ( watching videos, texting, listening to music and browsing).
    06-21-2015 10:29 PM
    I'm a heavy user, so I usually charge about twice a day. I've seen a lot of people going close to two days. For my particular use, it's been fairly good.
    06-21-2015 10:58 PM
    i find that phone to big a little to big not for my hands but for my pockets.
    you'll get used to it quick - and once you'll have it you'll never want to go back.
    06-22-2015 06:14 AM
    you'll get used to it quick - and once you'll have it you'll never want to go back.
    hows the battery life on the nexus 6?
    06-22-2015 12:54 PM
    go with huawei
    06-23-2015 07:10 AM