My Huawei phone has been stuck on Dictionary update for 3 days, I can't get it to shut down the downland. I have restarted it and pulled the battery. Please help! It is draining the battery.
    06-22-2015 10:31 AM
    My Huawei phone has been stuck on Dictionary update for 3 days, I can't get it to shut down the downland. I have restarted it and pulled the battery. Please help! It is draining the battery.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try going in to your settings, applications, all apps, find the Dictionary app and force stop it. Clear the data if you can. That may fix the problem.
    06-25-2015 10:47 AM
    most likely, your keyboard settings (Samsung, Swype, Android,or whatever you have and is being used...) do not have "download over cellular" checked. This essentially means that the download will continue the attempt without success until you activate wifi. This is a bandwith conservation setting, just like in the Google Play Store, where your phone will tell you you have updates available but won't initiate them unless you say so; conversely, if you are already connected to a wifi source, the downloads will begin automatically.

I found the setting for Swype here:
    Apps>Settings>(MY DEVICE tab at top of screen)>Language and Input>Swype>My Words>Cellular Data checkbox

I have not found the setting for Android keyboard or the Samsung keyboard yet; however, I would suspect that simply activating wifi and choosing a connection will fix your problem.

Good luck...
    06-25-2015 09:17 PM
    Thanks! Connecting to the Wi-Fi worked for me!
    07-01-2015 05:10 PM
    This was driving me nuts, but googled, found your site, followed the advice and he presto! It worked. Thanks.
    07-17-2015 05:04 AM
    Hi! My uncle's phone is having the same problem. I followed your advice but it is still not working. His phone is an alcatel.

I tried:
    -the google keyboard refresh
    -force stop of the google keyboard
    -uninstalled the updates
    -checked on what other apps are with keyboards (there isn't one)
    -also did the same thing with Touchpal input
    -connecting to wifi does not fix it

It is annoying him. This has been going on for weeks and is also draining his battery.

I hope y'all have other fix for this. Thanks!
    07-22-2015 08:23 AM