I forgot password for my wifi, I am on Speedtouch Cad 995, how can I add my mobile?

A

AC Question

forgot password for my wifi i am on speedtouh cad 995

wanted to add mobile to it but need password

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: forgot password for my wifi i am on speedtouh cad 995

wanted to add mobile to it but need password

Did you change the router password when you set it up? If not, the password can usually be found on the bottom or back of the router. Otherwise, the suggestion above is the best option.

Posted via the Android Central App

Saukrateaz

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: forgot password for my wifi i am on speedtouh cad 995

So many options to try BEFORE resetting your router.
You said you forgot the wifi password, not the router password. First thing to try is check your router and see if there is a WPS button. Many phones allow for WPS setup. so check to see if thats an option for connecting your device to the wifi. if so, click the wps button on your router and then click the wps button on your phone in the wifi configuration section. They will pair in a similar manner as bluetooth.
As stated above, if you never changed the password, it may be on a sticker on the router.

If your router doesnt have a WPS button,
provided you know the password to your router, you can log in and reset the wifi password there.

If you have a laptop or desktop computer that connects to the wireless you can go into your wireless connections and go into the properties for the connection your on. Once in there you can go to the password section and unmask the current password being used. That will show you what your password is.

If all of these fail, OR you have no idea what any of this means that ive said, then yes, you can reset the router by pushing the tiny reset button located somewhere on the router. Keep in mind that you will then have to reconfigure your wireless network and any firewall rules you may have had set up. All of which may be a task you arent ready to take on, so you would then find a friend whos a bit more saavy in this field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol