Any suggestions for tablet to replace Hisense Sero 7 Pro?

Hepcat281

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Suggestions for tablet to replace Hisense Sero 7 Pro

My Sero Pro had a bad fall and the screen finally cracked. (Seriously. That thing took a beating.) Thankfully, I had a 2 year product replacement plan with Walmart. Only issue is that now they aren't carrying the 7 and have moved on to the 8. I've looked at reviews for the 8, and it looks like it isn't nearly as impressive as its predecessor. I have $159 eGift card that I have to spend at Walmart, so I can't go to Amazon and pick up a 7.

I cannot describe how much I loved my Sero 7. I do not have a Smartphone, so I need a tablet for email, internet surfing, occasional streaming, music listening, and some apps. I don't play too many games, but I did have some stuff on the 7 for my toddler. I root my tablets as well, so something that has some custom ROM support would be great.

Any suggestions for a replacement? I don't want a screen bigger than 8ish inches, because I need the portability. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Suggestions for tablet to replace Hisense Sero 7 Pro

The tab pro 8.4 was $165, though it is a bit bigger than what you want

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Hepcat281

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Suggestions for tablet to replace Hisense Sero 7 Pro

Thanks! I'm looking for it on Walmart.com, but I'm only seeing the 10 and 12 inch versions. I will probably take a trip there tomorrow to see what they have in stock. Are there any other decent quality Samsung tablets in this price range?