After spending many days trying to find a solution to my problem, I wasn't able to find anything that would solve my issue. I have technically tried everything from the web. I issue was that when I connected my phone to the computer, it was recognizing it, but it was recognizing it as a Modem device (Unspecified device in the Devices and printers). I wasn't able to access it as a Media Storage and Kies wouldn't recognize it. Again, I wish to emphasize that I didn't find any working solutions on the internet, I tried every possible solutions.
    After being quite frustrated for all the time I lost, I decided to contact Samsung directly via their Online chat service. Spoke to a nice gent that guided me to this solution.
    Dial *#0808#
    It will bring you to a menu where you have different options to check.
    Mine was checked at DM+MODEM+ADB
    The CSR told asked me to check MTP and then reboot.
    After my device restarted, I plugged it to my computer and the correct device was installed and it works now.
    I just thought I should post the solution somewhere as I am sure I am not the only one that had this problem.
    06-24-2015 07:41 PM
    After spending many days trying to find a solution to my problem, I wasn't able to find anything that would solve my issue. I have technically tried everything from the web. I issue was that when I connected my phone to the computer, it was recognizing it, but it was recognizing it as a Modem device (Unspecified device in the Devices and printers). I wasn't able to access it as a Media Storage and Kies wouldn't recognize it. Again, I wish to emphasize that I didn't find any working solutions on the internet, I tried every possible solutions.
    After being quite frustrated for all the time I lost, I decided to contact Samsung directly via their Online chat service. Spoke to a nice gent that guided me to this solution.
    Dial *#0808#
    It will bring you to a menu where you have different options to check.
    Mine was checked at DM+MODEM+ADB
    The CSR told asked me to check MTP and then reboot.
    After my device restarted, I plugged it to my computer and the correct device was installed and it works now.
    I just thought I should post the solution somewhere as I am sure I am not the only one that had this problem.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Awesome thanks for sharing!
    06-24-2015 08:38 PM
    This must be specific to your device and your device alone, because dialing *#0808# does nothing on my phone, S3.
    forums*androidcentral*com/samsung-galaxy-s3/544296-usb-connectivity-phone-computers-broken.html - * = . because apparently I can't prove I'm not a bot unless I post 10 things somewhere on the forum.... Good way of preventing spam bots guys, require more spam posts first to post links while only hindering legit people!
    My topic also has a different issue, where the device is plugged in but not recognized as ANYTHING. Nothing at all, all it can do is get power. No modem, not anything at all shows up on my machine or any machine when I plug the phone in. Been waiting for someone to help. :/
    06-25-2015 06:36 PM
    Have you tried going in to the development settings and turning on USB debugging? See if that makes for computer see it.
    06-25-2015 06:58 PM
    Have you tried going in to the development settings and turning on USB debugging? See if that makes for computer see it.
    Yes, I've done that before, and now that some jerk deleted my thread, I have to re-post it... Probably thanks to the system denying me the ability to put legitimate safe links in to show how much I've checked my issue out to show people I need someone who's an expert on the matter. Or just because, who knows.
    06-28-2015 11:47 PM
    For your question, I really feel strong, as most people like to see their phone on computer.
    06-29-2015 02:23 AM
    No modem, not anything at all shows up on my machine or any machine when I plug the phone in.
    In the developer options, there may be a button for revoking USB authorizations. You might need to do that, and reconnect to your PC. If you are running Windows 8 or higher, there might be a driver authorization issue. You might need to update the Samsung drivers.

I can't prove I'm not a bot unless I post 10 things somewhere on the forum
    It's not a question of proving whether or not you are a bot, but more so that developers can't just drop links to apps stores for their games and never be heard from again.

and now that some jerk deleted my thread, I have to re-post it
    Please refrain from name calling.
    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    anon8380037 and dpham00 like this.
    06-29-2015 09:03 AM
    For genuine users like yourself, you can use the report post to Moderator button and we can post the link for you. Unfortunately, we cannot remove the restriction as it is hard wired into the system.

I think that to an extent, you are both correct. The 10 post rule does require app developers to contribute to the forums before being able to advertise their app. But also, it helps with spammed who try to post spam links. If it was just spam bots, then we can use other methods to weed them out, but unfortunately, the spam alot of times is coming from people posting spam, not machines, and people can easily bypass the security measures. We want to protect our users from seeing and accidentally clicking on spam, which can cause major damage to one's computer. In addition, some spammers will slam the site with spam, posting multiple threads a minute. That takes up a lot of time for the moderators to take care of, and keep in mind that we are all volunteers, and have jobs of our own to pay bills, so we have limited time to moderate the forums.

At the same time, we understand the frustration that some new members like yourself face when trying to post links. Believe me, we didn't want to implement this requirement but it was becoming very difficult to deal with spam. We did consider the ramifications to new members, but for most, I think that 10 meaningful posts should not be too difficult. And for those where it creates a heavy burden due to a very slow connection or whatever, then as said at the beginning, they can use the report post to Moderator button and we can assist them with posting links.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-29-2015 09:59 AM
    Well it doesn't matter at this point as someone deleted my thread rather than just removing the links or fixing it after having verified the links were actually legit. My entire thread, well through out, very detailed, extremely difficult for a guy with carpal tunnel to type out, on a slow crappy connection, and poof, all gone. No warnings, no link removals. Just deleted the entire thread, and I still had the severe problem. Luckily for me, I found the issue on another site, so maybe this site just isn't that great, who knows. I'm never going to be happy with the fact someone deleted my thread and wasted my time and contributed to making me post something worsening my wrist pain just for it all to disappear anyway.
    08-05-2015 12:44 PM