Where is the WhatsApp folder located on the Sony Xperia3Compact (Lollipop)?

A

AC Question

Hi everybody,

I just copied my whatsapp folder from my old telephone to my new one and after this, I installed whatsapp on my new telephone. I've copied the folder with the files on the same spot as where they were on my old phone, so I thought whatsapp would find them. But no, this is not the case. My question is now: where should the folder be on the Sony Xperia3Compact with android 5.0.2?

I accidentally threw away the new whatsapp folder on my new phone and there now doesn't seem to be another folder (yet, probably it will be there after a back up?). I can't look it up myself for this reason and I would like to know it asap.

Can anyone with the same phone have a look where the whatsapp folder is located?

On my old one it was on this path: /storage/emulated/0/

Thank you very much!!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Where is the WhatsApp folder located on Sony Xperia3Compact (Lollipop)

Welcome to the forums. I don't have the phone or the app, but it might be under data.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I don't have that phone but just an idea. Do you mean that you deleted the whatsapp folder in your new phone? If so, maybe the best thing could be uninstalling and installing back. That folder will be created again and easily found with your file explorer.

Mea Vota

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Hey, thank you both. Javier, I did what you suggest just a minute before you suggested it :D (just uninstall wa and reinstall it to check where it put's it's folders). After this I could copy it to the right place and after this, I had to uninstall and reinstall whatsapp again because the files need to be in place before the new whatsapp is installed, otherwise it won't ask to reuse those databases. It's now working again. Thanks for your answers!

P.S. Mea Vota is the Topic starter ;-) I weren't signed in when I posted the topic.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hey, thank you both. Javier, I did what you suggest just a minute before you suggested it :D (just uninstall wa and reinstall it to check where it put's it's folders). After this I could copy it to the right place and after this, I had to uninstall and reinstall whatsapp again because the files need to be in place before the new whatsapp is installed, otherwise it won't ask to reuse those databases. It's now working again. Thanks for your answers!

Thanks for the follow up. Glad it got fixed.

Mod note: Moved thread to higher traffic area for others to see.