I can't seem to stop myself opening the camera every time I unlock my screen with my natural swipe up from right to left.
    I am left handed.
    New to Lollipop, and down to a Moto G LTE 2013 for now.
    A Samsung would have settings for this, but there seems no option on the Moto G.
    I could train my hand by sticking a pin in it every time I find myself doing this, but I'd rather not.
    It's been 5 days on Lollipop.
    Thanks in advance.
    06-26-2015 08:44 AM
    You need to merely swipe straight up. If you swipe right to left it opens the camera. If you swipe left to right it opens the dialer. It's a little bit of an adjustment, but once you get it you get it.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    06-26-2015 08:56 AM
    Hi Madd! I haven't found a way to do that in my Moto G. Pin therapy it is
    anon8380037 likes this.
    06-26-2015 09:07 AM
    It's true - it's not life changing and I can learn to swipe directly up.
    It's unnatural for me though, and slower, after over 3 years using a swipe only lock.

It was opening the camera even if I started half way up the screen, away from the camera icon.

However I just spent a few minutes testing how far away from the icon I could open the camera, after just leaving a cool building for a very hot car in a sunny park.
    I can't open the camera in these conditions even when pressing on the icon itself and swiping diagonally, let alone higher up.
    LOL, I swear Google are following me and toying with me.

If it goes back to being hyper sensitive to starting anywhere in the lower right quarter, and it will - then I will reprogram my entire central nervous system in order to adapt to some smarmy geek in Google's Labs who thought this was clever. He/she would never get a job in avionics where everything is tested and dummy proof (except for a few sad cases).

Thanks guys.
    06-26-2015 09:50 AM
    Madd, have you tried the new smart lock options? They could limit the number of times you need to unlock. Setting a longer time in automatically lock could help too. I've got 2 minutes there and the "on body detection" works great
    anon8380037 likes this.
    06-26-2015 10:13 AM
    Madd, have you tried the new smart lock options? They could limit the number of times you need to unlock. Setting a longer time in automatically lock could help too. I've got 2 minutes there and the "on body detection" works great
    Thanks. I will give it a try.
    I had to set a pin which I don't like, but as you say I don't have to open it within the time set, up to 50 minutes, and Power turns the screen off and on alternately. (or can be set to lock)

We'll see how this works out in practice.
    Otherwise it's "straight up" every time.
    Javier P likes this.
    06-26-2015 11:06 AM
    I'd still be interested in how to do this. If I pick my phone up off my desk and click power to see the time. Then instantly set the phone back down the camera keeps coming up. Even though I am not swiping the screen that I can tell.

Would love to remove this off the lock screen, but cannot find a way yet.
    11-02-2015 05:46 PM