Can I still use wi-fi without having a cellular signal?

kateamonsta

May 14, 2014
Visit site
can i still use wi-fi without having a cellular signal?

ok, my mom has a pos prepaid iwireless kroger phone that uses sprint towers, when she goes on vacation there arent any sprint towers available, can she still use hotels wi-fi for the internet?or can she use my dads iphone as a hotspot? he gets a signal because hes at&t. can you even use a sprint phone on an at&t hotspot. they can use xfinity hotspot as they are subscribers, would that work? also i have an opportunity to get a CHEAP net-10 phone but i dont know what their coverage is like as their web site is just bootie! the guy told me verizon but im not sure. also her phone is out of minutes would she need a new card to just use wi-fi? i have plenty of phones without cards or carriers that i use at home on wifi just not sure how it works outside of data network! thanks in advance!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: can i still use wi-fi without having a cellular signal?

ok, my mom has a pos prepaid iwireless kroger phone that uses sprint towers, when she goes on vacation there arent any sprint towers available, can she still use hotels wi-fi for the internet?or can she use my dads iphone as a hotspot? he gets a signal because hes at&t. can you even use a sprint phone on an at&t hotspot. they can use xfinity hotspot as they are subscribers, would that work? also i have an opportunity to get a CHEAP net-10 phone but i dont know what their coverage is like as their web site is just bootie! the guy told me verizon but im not sure. also her phone is out of minutes would she need a new card to just use wi-fi? i have plenty of phones without cards or carriers that i use at home on wifi just not sure how it works outside of data network! thanks in advance!

Phones will work on WiFi even without a SIM card, so it shouldn't be a problem for her to connect to WiFi or a phone hotspot.

kateamonsta

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: can i still use wi-fi without having a cellular signal?

thanks, thats what Thought but she said she could not get anything, I forgot that she just graduated from a flip phone, and I had to show her how to go into her wifi to search for a connection. thanks for all your help though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12