Amber Alert almost got me killed! How can I stop the notification sound?

A

AC Question

Amber Alert almost got me killed!

I don't use my phone while driving, ever! But then my phone starts making this God-Awful sound I've NEVER heard before! I grabbed it and opened it to try to find out what was happening and turn it off. when I looked up I was headed for a telephone poll, I turned quickly to avoid it but it was raining and I started to slide. Luckily I got it back under control on the edge of a heart attack! I could have killed somebody!!! I could have died! It was an Amber Alert! I understand how important they are, I'm down with that, but WTF? When I call tech support just to find out how to turn off that sound all the tech would tell me is to wipe my phone! And now I keep getting the same Alert over and over! I GOT IT THE FIRST TIME!!! AUGHHHHHA!!! Wipe my Phone??? I just want to turn that sound off! Send me that Alert, I got you, I respect that, but I'm not trying to Wipe my Phone! Now I'd block the damn Amber Alerts if I could and that's F-d up! Somebody tell me how to stop that Noise or Block those Alerts, tech support is useless! Sorry for the language, but God Damn!

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't use my phone while driving, ever! But then my phone starts making this God-Awful sound I've NEVER heard before! I grabbed it and opened it to try to find out what was happening and turn it off. when I looked up I was headed for a telephone poll, I turned quickly to avoid it but it was raining and I started to slide. Luckily I got it back under control on the edge of a heart attack! I could have killed somebody!!! I could have died! It was an Amber Alert! I understand how important they are, I'm down with that, but WTF? When I call tech support just to find out how to turn off that sound all the tech would tell me is to wipe my phone! And now I keep getting the same Alert over and over! I GOT IT THE FIRST TIME!!! AUGHHHHHA!!! Wipe my Phone??? I just want to turn that sound off! Send me that Alert, I got you, I respect that, but I'm not trying to Wipe my Phone! Now I'd block the damn Amber Alerts if I could and that's F-d up! Somebody tell me how to stop that Noise or Block those Alerts, tech support is useless! Sorry for the language, but God Damn!

You didn't indicate which device you have, but on my Note 4, I go to Settings > Applications > Messages > scroll down to Emergency Alerts > tap Emergency Alerts again to select which alert types you will receive.

Then, in my Device Settings > Sounds and Notifications, I have the volume slider set to about 1/3.

I unchecked the Amber alerts, since they are visible on all Transguide signs on the interstates in my city, but still receive Severe alerts. Presidential alerts cannot be unchecked on my device.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair