Can I get some help with a Phone upgrade decision?

A

AC Question

Phone upgrade help...

Okay so, I am upgrading soon, either in September or very soon. I am a fan of the Galaxy devices. I currently have an iPhone 5 and planning to move on to Android. I fancy the Galaxy Note series and the S series. But recently Samsung changed their design to premium like Apple. I would get the Note 4 but it's not the latest and I like the new TouchWiz UI that is shown in the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. I like the fact that you can replace the battery on the Note 4 but I hate that you cannot on the S6 and edge. Currently I had my iPhone 5 for 2 years and my battery life is horrible, it lost a lot of battery capacity and I hate it! I'm just panicking. I would appreciate if multiple people responded with their opinions about these devices. You can add suggestions that aren't Galaxy devices, thanks!!! :)

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone upgrade help...

Okay so, I am upgrading soon, either in September or very soon. I am a fan of the Galaxy devices. I currently have an iPhone 5 and planning to move on to Android. I fancy the Galaxy Note series and the S series. But recently Samsung changed their design to premium like Apple. I would get the Note 4 but it's not the latest and I like the new TouchWiz UI that is shown in the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. I like the fact that you can replace the battery on the Note 4 but I hate that you cannot on the S6 and edge. Currently I had my iPhone 5 for 2 years and my battery life is horrible, it lost a lot of battery capacity and I hate it! I'm just panicking. I would appreciate if multiple people responded with their opinions about these devices. You can add suggestions that aren't Galaxy devices, thanks!!! :)

Welcome to Android Central!

I have owned both the S6 and the Note 4 and have returned to the Note 4 mainly for the size. As far as battery life on the S6 was not that bad and having Quick Charge made it easier. You can charge the phone in half the time if not faster than the iPhone. The Note 5 should be out around September so you could wait for that and then have 3 options to choose from. The Note 4 is still a really great phone to have, don't count it out just because it is a little older.