I have an Android Phone, a Newer one, when I bought it, the Manufacturer said it could handle up to 64GB SD card, so that's what I bought. I loaded the SD Card it Detected it, and automatically loaded the Android Software on the SD Card. Everything was working Fine I was using it everyday, I had loaded lots of MP3 Files on it, and was loading Videos on it and all kinds of stuff. I had entire Folders of Playlists, planing to use it as a DJ Device in certain situations. I was working fine, then all of a Sudden the Phone would no longer Recognize the SD Card, would not even SEE it. The First time it happened I tried Formatting the Card using the Computer and then Reinstalling it in my Phone that didn't work, the only thing that DID work was I Wiped it out with a Magnet, then it worked fine again. Then the Same Problem occurred. So I thought maybe the SD card was bad, so I bought a whole new 64GB SD card, it worked fine for about a Month, then the same problem happened again. I thought it was a Virus, but I am beginning to suspect it is a Bug in the Android Software OS itself. Because I have seen so many Android Users being affected by this same problem. I am thinking of Installing Ubuntu on my Phone. Does anyone have enough knowledge out there to comment on this issue?
    06-28-2015 02:30 AM
    I have an Android Phone, a Newer one, when I bought it, the Manufacturer said it could handle up to 64GB SD card, so that's what I bought. I loaded the SD Card it Detected it, and automatically loaded the Android Software on the SD Card. Everything was working Fine I was using it everyday, I had loaded lots of MP3 Files on it, and was loading Videos on it and all kinds of stuff. I had entire Folders of Playlists, planing to use it as a DJ Device in certain situations. I was working fine, then all of a Sudden the Phone would no longer Recognize the SD Card, would not even SEE it. The First time it happened I tried Formatting the Card using the Computer and then Reinstalling it in my Phone that didn't work, the only thing that DID work was I Wiped it out with a Magnet, then it worked fine again. Then the Same Problem occurred. So I thought maybe the SD card was bad, so I bought a whole new 64GB SD card, it worked fine for about a Month, then the same problem happened again. I thought it was a Virus, but I am beginning to suspect it is a Bug in the Android Software OS itself. Because I have seen so many Android Users being affected by this same problem. I am thinking of Installing Ubuntu on my Phone. Does anyone have enough knowledge out there to comment on this issue?
    Welcome to Android Central!

What phone do you have?
    07-01-2015 11:57 AM