Galaxy s6 losing sounds randomly till restart, then loses them again.

gargus

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello.

I have a samsung galaxy s6 (white 32gb if it matters) through verizon. It has the latest android update from a few weeks ago.

It will randomly stop making any sounds. Calls, notifications, games and so on. Everything still works fine. I can see the screen saying I have a call, texts show up, games play and such but I get no sounds from them. If I restart the phone then everything is fine but anywhere from an hour to like 10 hours it will just stop making sounds again. They wont even play when I go into the settings for sounds to test/change notifications/ringtones.

I cleared all the cache, tried to check for any junk apps and uninstalled them and the very basic stuff but it did no good.

I went to bestbuy where I bought it and went to the samsung rep center and the guy told me it was probablly the new update saying people had been having problems updating it wirelessly for some reason and he re-did the update through the pc they had at the desk and said it should be ok but if it happens again to do a factory reset on the phone. Next day it happened again and I did the factory reset and it happened again even after that.

I am stumped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz