Network Connectivity question

driazen

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of switching from Windows Mobile to Android. One of the things which drives me absolutely up the wall with windows mobile phones is the Network login screen. About half the time when the phone drops data connectivity the Network Login screen pops up. If you have activesync or any application that depends on a constant or semi constant data connection you might as well reset the phone as that window will pop every second no matter how you try to stop the data session, and until it finds a new session the phone is dang near unusable. Is there any such annoyance as this on the Droid Phones? I.E. if you drop connection will it just display an icon or what not, or does it also have its own set of "screen loops" that just wont go away?

Thanks

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
I have found no such thing on my T-Mobile Pulse.

If something borks it just tells you in a little dialogue that you get rid of with the OK button and that's it.

And things rarely bork on my phone. The Pulse might be on Cupcake and not have so many bells and whistles as the HTC's or Motos, but it is a nice stable little phone with a very big screen and almost infinite desktops.

And the only time my phone has borked was when something 3rd party crashed, and I just got rid of whatever it was that caused the bork and had done with it. I would not, for example, recommend using a Home Alternative with the Pulse, as its desktop system is unique and not compatible with things like Pandahome or dxTop or GDE (although they do work fine with HTC's and Motos).

Android is FAR more stable than WinMob because it is a Linux system and it is harder, FAR harder, to make something crash on Linux than it is on Windows, unless you do something totally stupid while using root permissions, and you have to manually root your phone in order to stand the slightest risk of that.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that Android is far more stable than WinMob and that you will notice a big difference when you move over.

Phil.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
On the Droid, no such notifications that I've seen. The connection will just die, and usually it resets itself. I have seen on the browser that it will stop, and you'll get usual internet notification that the page won't load, you refresh and you're good again. Wifi resets automatically...3G does the same..I've even watched it drop down to 1G as I walk a particular building, switch back to 3G, and then to Wifi when I'm in range of that signal. Seamless.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't think your problem was specific to Windows Mobile. I never experienced that on any of the phones I owned, nor did I see people complaining about it in the forums I participated in. So I'm guessing it was a problem specific to your phone or service. To answer your question, I have never seen this on the Droid either.

driazen

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think your problem was specific to Windows Mobile. I never experienced that on any of the phones I owned, nor did I see people complaining about it in the forums I participated in. So I'm guessing it was a problem specific to your phone or service. To answer your question, I have never seen this on the Droid either.

Ok Maybe its just this phone(att fuze) or At&T(yes i know ugh), as I've seen it on 2 windows mobile phones on that network so far.

thanks to all that have answered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674