Galaxy S5 running 4.4.4 rooted. Just received a facebook update and now I get the "heads up" notifications along with the normal notification in the bar at the top. How can I disable the "heads up"? I've had no luck to date in figuring out how to turn it off. It's really annoying that Facebook thinks I need 2 notices for 1 notification alert.
    06-30-2015 09:55 AM
    No one knows how to disable this feature?
    07-06-2015 04:53 PM
    Are you talking about the chat heads that puts a little avatar icon on the edge of the screen, or a full banner type notification along the top edge that only displays for a few seconds. If it's the chat heads, that can be disabled in the settings. If it's the latter, heads up display, there's no setting I'm aware of within the app to disable it.

From what I understand of heads up notifications, they're part of the OS (though, I thought it didn't come out until Lollipop) and apps can be programmed to use it. I don't know of many people that like it and it gets in the way a lot in my use. I think I've read some inklings about rooted users being able to bypass it, but I don't know how. If no one else here can help, you may need to Google search for solutions.
    07-06-2015 05:18 PM
    Here's an example. In any app even with full screen mode Facebook notifications still show up
    How to disable Facebook Heads Up-screenshot_2015-07-06-17-19-37.jpg
    07-06-2015 05:28 PM
    That's the new heads up notifications, which isn't a Facebook thing. I did a little searching and found an app called "Heads Off" that I'm going to test since I'm not rooted. Because you are rooted, I'd suggest doing a Google search along the lines of, "disable Android heads up notification."
    07-06-2015 06:37 PM
    That works only for Lollipop. Have yet to find a way to disable it for KitKat. Facebook is the only app that does this, none of the other apps do.
    07-20-2015 04:18 PM
    It never did it to me on Kit Kat, nor did I hear of it happening to anyone else prior to Lollipop (and reports about heads up all indicate it was implemented with lollipop only), so I don't have any other suggestions.

I'm almost wondering if your phone updated itself without your knowledge. Unless you did something after rooting to prevent OTA updates, it's a possibility. I've seen it happen on pretty much every device where people simply tried to only dismiss the update. Eventually it would force its way in, usually at night when they are sleeping. Wake up and boom, they are on the new version.
    07-20-2015 09:18 PM
    OTA updates are disabled and I'm definitely still running KitKat. This started only a few weeks ago, guessing after facebook did an update. It's only facebook that's doing it to me, no other apps send me heads up notifications
    07-21-2015 09:18 AM