Can I set a specific tone for each email contact?

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Contact specific email notifications

Is there an app/method for designating a specific tone for a contact's email address? I know how to do it for their phone and text, but seems email is missing.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Contact specific email notifications

The only email client I've ever seen that can assign notification sounds for individual contacts is Maildroid. Many apps will do notification sounds per email account, but only Maildroid will per contact. If another email app will I'm not aware of it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=com.maildroid&token=cxCsYwN-

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site

So far, this looks like it could work. I'm assuming it will chew through power at a pretty quick rate though. Also, not a fan of the ads, but I guess there's always a tradeoff.
I'm wondering how it will handle calendaring and contacts. Hmm..

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

I have no idea why you think Maildroid or assigning email addresses individual notification sounds would use power. I can't think of any reason it should.

If by calendars and contacts you mean for MS Exchange, I think Maildroid can handle that. AquaMail definitely will handle them and is IMHO simply the best email client available. In fact, I consider AquaMail to be one of the best apps for Android of any kind. It has options for just about anything you can imagine - but one thing it does not do is per email address notification sounds.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=org.kman.AquaMail&token=FAEjInkN

You can get rid of the ads in Maildroid - which I agree are kinda obnoxious - by buying a key, though it's a little pricey at $13. But it does some things no other email client I know of does so it might be worth it to you.

AquaMail also has some very nice and unique features and considering all it can do, is not bad at $5.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.