after using my phone in night for 1 hour
    i sleep and put my phone under my pillow
    when i wake up my phone is very hot
    and i immediately put it beside my electric fan and it cools off
    i cant open the phone again what is destroyed there?
    phone or battery?
    06-30-2015 01:09 PM
    First... never put a phone under a pillow... These things generate a lot of heat and need to dissipate it. You got lucky... if that battery had suffered a thermal failure, it could have caused a fire.

Second, it could have caused a failure of either the phone or the battery... both are very sensitive to overheating. Either way, I wouldn't fuss around with them too much and I'd take it to a good repair place ASAP. If the battery got damaged in some way, it's kind of a ticking time bomb.
    First... never put a phone under a pillow... These things generate a lot of heat and need to dissipate it. You got lucky... if that battery had suffered a thermal failure, it could have caused a fire.

Second, it could have caused a failure of either the phone or the battery... both are very sensitive to overheating. Either way, I wouldn't fuss around with them too much and I'd take it to a good repair place ASAP. If the battery got damaged in some way, it's kind of a ticking time bomb.
    06-30-2015 01:34 PM
    Try to get a warranty replacement if possible. They will not be able to tell if it got hot on its own or not. You're risking a lot of damaged internals with heat for an extended period of time, however, these phones can take a surprising amount of heat. The battery, if not ruined, is going to take a hit in performance due to cells most likely being degraded. Battery cells hate heat.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk
    06-30-2015 01:42 PM