So I was out with my parents one night having dinner and I look at my phone to see a dark purple spot on the top right corner of my screen. lately its been getting bigger and bigger, im with Optus and im on a plan. I started to look at repairs where around where I live and none say that they have had this come to them. My dad looked up what might of caused it and it says its been in contact with water or dropped too many times. im a clumsy child and I've dropped it from time to time but I always pick it up when it has fallen, but I wanted to know if there is anything I can do to stop it from growing bigger. I don't have a screen protector on my phone.
    07-03-2015 01:48 AM
    I don't really know what the issue is with the phone, but sticking a screen protector and a half decent case on it wouldn't go a miss. I have the Otterbox defender on my phone - looks great and it's protected.
    07-03-2015 02:58 AM
    A screen protector wouldn't have stopped what happened, an Otterbox Defender would have. (Mine got flung at a wall and nothing happened. Not even a mark on the wall.)

What's happening is that the LCD layer is broken and, since it's semi-liquid, it;s going to keep spreading. The only fix is a screen replacement. (Dropping it once, even on a soft surface over a short distance, if it hits just the wrong spot, will cause this kind of damage.)
    07-04-2015 01:03 AM