Looking for a phone that:
    - Has both replaceable battery and SD card slot for expandable memory
    - Has above average to really good battery life
    - Has an excellent camera with image stabilization and (ideally is great at taking action shots and low light shots)
    - Is not too big (5.5 in is max)

I've been loyal to the Samsung galaxy line until now (see #1). Tried out the G4 the last 10 days but the battery life looks like it will be a problem. Note4 is too big. Not sure where to go from here. I can wait it out if you think a really good option is coming...

TIA!
    07-09-2015 09:33 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Point #1 is the biggest hurdle. Not really so much as the Sd card, but the removable battery. I was going to suggest the G4, but you already eliminated that option. Off the top of my head, I can't think of another device that marks off all four criteria.

What do you use your phone for mostly?
    07-09-2015 09:49 AM
    Looking for a phone that:
    - Has both replaceable battery and SD card slot for expandable memory
    - Has above average to really good battery life
    - Has an excellent camera with image stabilization and (ideally is great at taking action shots and low light shots)
    - Is not too big (5.5 in is max)

I've been loyal to the Samsung galaxy line until now (see #1). Tried out the G4 the last 10 days but the battery life looks like it will be a problem. Note4 is too big. Not sure where to go from here. I can wait it out if you think a really good option is coming...

TIA!
    No current line of phones offers this spec apart from the G4 / Note 4. Might I suggest the S5? I know it's last years model, but when I had it, it had great battery, removable battery, SD storage and a great camera. I didn't have OIS, but it did have digital stabilisation (not sure what the difference is)
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    07-09-2015 09:54 AM
    I use my phone for a little bit of everything...

Camera, GPS, web browsing, email, text, calendar, little bit of gaming, music sometimes, oh and yes, as a phone too.

I tend to stick with the same phone for about 2 years, so I don't want to be stuck with something that is just not meeting my needs. 14 days is just not long enough for me to figure out if I like it enough for a 2 year commitment. Tough decision but I think the G4 is going back.
    07-09-2015 06:25 PM
    Good suggestion. I got my son the S5 in December so maybe if I play around with the camera, I can determine if it's good enough. I was interested in the higher end camera features on the S6 and Note 4 which is primarily why I got the G4, but I can't sacrifice battery life just for the camera.
    07-09-2015 06:28 PM
    Good suggestion. I got my son the S5 in December so maybe if I play around with the camera, I can determine if it's good enough. I was interested in the higher end camera features on the S6 and Note 4 which is primarily why I got the G4, but I can't sacrifice battery life just for the camera.
    The S5 has a great camera, it was very similarly matched to the Note 4 - so I wouldn't worry too much about it not performing to your standards. For what it's worth my S6 lasts me the full day one 1 charge - the lack of SD card slots is an issue though.
    07-10-2015 03:57 AM