How do I know what my phone doesn't need in order to have more storage space (it's running out)?

rlbrannan22

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
how do i know what my phone doesn't need in order to have more storage space (it's running out)?

The storage space is running low, and my phone isn't working properly. How do I increase space? What do I delete?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i know what my phone doesn't need in order to have more storage space (it's running out)?

Move all pictures, videos and music you don't need available all the time. If the phone takes a microSD card, put them all on that. Copy anything else to a computer, laptop, cloud account, somewhere off the phone. (Anything important should already be backed up to someplace off the phone.)

Go to XDA Forums, find the forum for your phone and see if anyone has a list of bloatware you can safely remove. What's safe depends on the model phone and the carrier. Most manufacturer and carrier software can be removed, but not all.

Don't depend on that being a permanent fix, though. If you keep putting more things on the phone without taking things off, you'll run out of space again.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: how do i know what my phone doesn't need in order to have more storage space (it's running out)?

Move all pictures, videos and music you don't need available all the time. If the phone takes a microSD card, put them all on that. Copy anything else to a computer, laptop, cloud account, somewhere off the phone. (Anything important should already be backed up to someplace off the phone.)​*

Go to XDA Forums, find the forum for your phone and see if anyone has a list of bloatware you can safely remove. What's safe depends on the model phone and the carrier. Most manufacturer and carrier software can be removed, but not all.

Don't depend on that being a permanent fix, though. If you keep putting more things on the phone without taking things off, you'll run out of space again.
* That's something I tend to forget because of procrastination.

Rukbat's response in its entirety is sound advice. :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63