Hi,

My Android A1 phone with 16GB SD card says "Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your media card" error when I access any photo or video file that was sent through Whatsapp or saved in Photos. When I try to open a pic that a friend has newly shared on Whatsapp I get the message "Download failed - The download was unable to complete. Please try again later.". If I reboot the phone, the phone goes into "optimizing apps" mode for 8-9 minutes and then this problem disappears for some time (not sure how long, but appears to be somewhere between 5 to 20 min) and then re-appears until I reboot again (again optimizing apps and then able to access media files for another 5-20 min). Same result when I unmount / mount and reboot. I have already done a factory reset and facing this again. The media files certainly do exist on the phone, but I need to repeat the procedures (reboot - optimizing apps, OR, unmount/mount/reboot) to be able to access media files on the phone. Even if I try to connect the phone to my Windows laptop and try to browse the files, I need to do the same procedures otherwise the media files just don't show up in the Windows explorer.

Just wanted to add that I am able to access text messages in the Whatsapp as per normal without any reboots. And am able to see facebook pics/videos without any reboots.

Can someone help me fix this ?

Regards
    MAgrawal
    07-19-2015 02:12 AM