Why has my contact list been updating........forever?

A

AC Question

Contact list updating................forever!

After installing the most recent Android update, my contacts list is in never never land, "Updating Contacts List". The last update it did it for 3 days and finally started working properly. It has been 4 days and I can't access my contacts or see my call log. I've tried force stopping the app, I've un-synced it, I've turned off the syncing. What to do. This is really freaking annoying, to the point of getting rid of the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Contact list updating................forever!

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and uncheck Contacts, then check it again. If that doesn't help, try removing your Google account completely, then adding it back again.

I've heard that sometimes the phone's ICE (In Case of Emergency) contacts can cause a conflict if they're not also in your Google Contacts.

snowshred

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a similar issue. My contacts continue to multiply. The same contact continues to be added multiple times. And.... all the info inside the contact is entered multiple times. I can have the same contact listed 100 times and each phone number 100 times, address 100 times . ts multiplying faster than rabbits. It grew from 200 contacts to 17,000 in 4 days.

I've wiped the phone clean 2 x. Any ideas.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are your contacts only syncing from Google Contacts, or from other sources as well (like Facebook or LinkedIn)? Which phone do you have?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante