Need Help! The contacts storage of my phone is really screwed up. What should I do?

John256145

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Need Help! The Contacts Storage Of My Phone Is Really Screwed

Ok, so my phone's contact storage is really screwed up. When I go to my Contacts, I see a screen saying "Contact list is being updated." and nothing else. If I go to Phone, and I start dialing in a number, the contacts with that number I dialed appears, but if I try to open a contact, I get a message saying "No application found to view this contact." Luckily, I did have a backup of my contacts, but if I try restoring the app and data, the restore process is stuck on the "Restoring App" screen. (I'm using Titanium Backup.) I also notice that on the list of my backups, "Contact Storage 5.0.2-14" has a line across the name, possibly meaning that the app is not on my phone. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I want to at least try some ways that it could be fixed without factory resetting, because that feels like a last resort. But I may need to if I can't seem to find a solution. Thanks in advance.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Need Help! The Contacts Storage Of My Phone Is Really Screwed

Hello, welcome to the forums! Have you already check if those two apps are included in your settings - apps - "all" tab? (Contacts and Contacts storage). If they are not there check in the "disabled" tab. Which device do you have? Are you using a third party contacts app or just the stock one?

John256145

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

Hello, welcome to the forums! Have you already check if those two apps are included in your settings - apps - "all" tab? (Contacts and Contacts storage). If they are not there check in the "disabled" tab. Which device do you have? Are you using a third party contacts app or just the stock one?

(Hey there, sorry for extremely late reply.)

So I checked my Apps and I did find contacts, but I couldn't find Contacts storage anywhere, I even checked the "disabled" tab. My device is the Moto G 2nd Gen and I'm using the stock app.

John256145

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

I finally figured out a way to solve this. I simply flashed a stock rom to my phone.