How do I unlink my account from my daughter's Samsung S6?

A

AC Question

How do I unlink my account from my daughter's Samsung S6

I have a Samsung s6. My daughter just purchased the same phone a few days ago. She signed into my google calendar using my yahoo email account on her phone. now she has my contacts on her phone, and when she downloaded Google Wallet to her phone, I got the "Welcome" email. How do I completely remove my account information (and contacts) from her phone? Thank you so much for any help you can give

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I unlink my account from my daughter's Samsung S6

Go into settings, accounts, and remove your account.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

If your account is the default account, the one used during initial setup of the phone when you got it, then your account cannot be removed - except by doing a factory reset of the phone. A reset will remove all your information, and the phone will go through initial setup again. This time, your daughter can register with her account and all will be as it should.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I am trying to remember or figure how your daughter can access your Google Calendar with your Yahoo account.

Anyway, if you delete the Yahoo account on hers also, it might be allowed to access your contacts as it could with my Yahoo account (but not allowed)

29e1a1b5be886be0ab0741c4a355d3b7.jpg
540f84486e389ff9e630cb6b3adaaeda.jpg

Imalea

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

Ok, thanks, Everybody. I think a factory reset sounds like the cleanest solution. I'll let you know how it goes.
I had set up the google calendar a few months ago, and tried to share it with her via email invite, but kept getting delivery failure responses. So to expedite the sharing, I gave her my log in info for google for her to use on her computer to check the calendar. That's how the whole mess started.
Still can't get the invite to through via email, and we need to share the calendar.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

You can share calendars without others needing to add your account to their device.

Login to your Calendar with a browser. If you do it on your phone, switch to the desktop version, the mobile site won't work.

Go to Settings, click on the Calendars tab and on the right side under Sharing click on Share this calendar.

On the page that opens under Share with specific people enter the email address of the person you want to share with.

Then to the right select the permissions you wish to grant them. Click Save and you're done.

The calendar will now sync to them with the selected permissions.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

Imalea

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for that, Crashdamage, but I did that twice and kept getting a delivery failure notice in my email. Maybe I don't understand, how does she actually access my calendar? I thought it was by email invite.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

No email needed. Just follow the steps I gave exactly. It does work, we share calendars that way.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams