Toyota Camry Qi charging does not work, how can I get it working?

A

AC Question

Toyota Camry Qi charging does not work

I charge my S6 on a Samsung wireless pad every night with the case on the phone and it works perfect. I just purchased a 2015 Toyota Camry with the Qi pad in the car and my S6 won't charge when the phone is connected to the car via Bluetooth and the Toyota Entune App. If I turn the phone OFF and take the case off, the phone charges just fine, but as soon as I turn the phone on, the charging won't work. I also disconnected/unpaired the phone from the car, uninstalled the Entune App and put the phone on the charging pad while it is turned on and now the charging only works intermittently (it basically does not work) but at least it goes in and out of charging rather than not charging at all. The car recognizes the phone when it's on the charging pad which is indicated by an orange light, but it won't charge unless the phone is completely turned off and out of its case. As you might gather, a turned off phone is useless inside the car and doesn't need to be charged to begin with. I called Samsung and I called Toyota and of course neither of those small companies was able to assist me in any shape or form. Please help! Thank you!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Toyota Camry Qi charging does not work

It sounds like a problem with the charging pad in the car. Have you taken the car to a dealership to check on that?

Peter Schmidt1

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

Yes I have. That was the first thing I did. Two of their techs put their phones on the pad (including one S6) and they were both charging. At the time I didn't make the connection that they charged because they were not connected to the car. But the dealer is NO help either. I'm at a total loss here.

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site

Mine doesn't work either. Just bought a 2015 Camry XSE two weeks ago. One of the reasons I bought it was for the wireless charging. The orange light turns on when I put my S6Edge phone on the pad, but the phone doesn't get charged at all. I've tried four times to charge it. Have noticed a message flashing on my phone that says charging paused.

Justin Tomasino1

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Galaxy S7 edge and the Galaxy S7. Both phones start charging then it stops within a minute or two. Did anyone solve this?

Justin

Duanerh

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a new S6 to go with a new Prius Prime. Without the case the phone connected to the car charges fine. When I added an Otterbox Defender charging stopped. I have determined that the case makes the phone too big to nestle all the way down onto the charging plate, thanks to the plastic surround. I have read that the two antennas have to be within 5 mm of each other.

Deva77

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi, 2017 Camry, initiallyou Galaxy S7 was charging for few days now it's not sure not charging. What could be the reason? I did not check with other mobile though no changes with my phone.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar