Hello everyone, a couple of days ago my Note 4 developed a problem where it would only charge if the micro USB was at a certain angle. I was confused because the phone charged normally with the default Samsung cable that comes with the s6. Could one of you provide information on how I could get my hands on a default note 4 micro USB cable that comes out of the box, I have tried looking everywhere but I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance
    07-28-2015 08:29 PM
    The problem is common, and almost certain (like 99.9999% of the time) - one or both of the power pins on the charging port became disconnected. When you put the cable at just the right angle, the pin touches the printed circuit board at the point it's supposed to be connected and the phone charges.

The solution is to have someone resolder the port (lots of labor and some shops won't do it on some phones) or replace the port (cheap part and almost no labor, so it's probably the cheaper option). The port comes on an assembly which includes the 2 soft keys, and they're about $10 wholesale, so it's not a phenomenally expensive repair. Just make sure you get recommendations. Some people know how to repair cellphones, some people only claim they do.
    07-29-2015 12:56 PM