Hey everyone. About two days ago, when ever i go to google.com, it comes up it what appears to be french. My location is set correct, and no other pages are coming up in different languages. i checked my setting in google, and it says english, any ideas whats going on with this?

Thanks!
    01-13-2010 09:39 PM
    and I have cleared all history, cache...cleared everything out.
    01-13-2010 09:41 PM
    It's a pain but try going finding the link to the settings, go into it, find the more settings link (normally top right) change the language to something other then English. Repeat the previous steps to get it back to English. Also try signing in with your google account first.
    01-13-2010 10:03 PM
    Same thing happened to me but it was Spanish. Don't remember what I did to fix it cause it was like week 2 of owning the phone. I guess I just stumbled upon the fix cause whatever I did worked. Sorry.
    01-13-2010 10:26 PM
    I actually am "signed in" and still the darn thing is in a diff lang. I will try changing the lang back and forth to see what happens.
    01-14-2010 09:02 AM
    It's not a Hero problem either. It's a Google problem, this has happened on several different phones I've owned.

In fact the vast majority of time it happens to me is when using my WiFi connection at home.
    01-14-2010 04:00 PM
    ok i remembered what i did to fix mine, hopefully it works for you ...

(i am assuming you have google as your homepage or atleast bookmarked)
    1) Open the browser
    2) Click Menu
    3) Select "Windows"
    4) Close all windows but the french google
    5) Hit the "+"
    6) If the new window doesnt open to google automaticaly, hit menu, bookmarks, click google.
    7) Hopefully the new page is in english, now click menu, windows, close the french google page

That worked for me anyway
    01-14-2010 07:10 PM
    Well, after changing languages back and forth...it didn't appear to work, but after a few force kills, it came back as english...Oh google...what are you trying to do to me here!
    01-15-2010 10:40 AM
    Well, after changing languages back and forth...it didn't appear to work, but after a few force kills, it came back as english...Oh google...what are you trying to do to me here!
    hmmmmm ... i had no force kills, no errors, changed no settings, Simply did what i listed above and viola! (no pun intended) Google was back to english.
    01-15-2010 07:50 PM
    hmmmmm ... i had no force kills, no errors, changed no settings, Simply did what i listed above and viola! (no pun intended) Google was back to english.
    I had the same I did the following. Open a new window (I'm using Chrome) with Google search. Click and hold on the Google logo. Then it showed me a "Also offered in English" option, I just clicked and as they said before, voilà back in English. Fortunately I speak French as well but I prefer English as you'll find more and better content in English.

I hope this helps.
    12-16-2016 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD