My Vibrant was stolen, and now I want to re-install the same apps on my new NexusS. Where can I get a list of all the free and paid apps I've downloaded on my google account? I tried logging into that account, but I don't see anything listed to help me out.
    thanks
    01-24-2011 03:40 PM
    My Vibrant was stolen, and now I want to re-install the same apps on my new NexusS. Where can I get a list of all the free and paid apps I've downloaded on my google account? I tried logging into that account, but I don't see anything listed to help me out.
    thanks
    When you get on your new phone and go to market, all the paid apps will be there.

I know on CyanogenMod that you can ask google to backup your data and it remembers all the apps you installed from the market, if you had this choice all the paid & free apps may be listed.

Did you ever setup your phone with AppBrain? As that would have a list also.
    01-24-2011 03:55 PM
    What do you mean "will be there"? Under my apps, only the apps I've downloaded on the new phone so far are there -- none of my previous apps are listed. (Yes, it's the same google account.) Is there somewhere else in the appstore I'm not aware of?
    01-24-2011 04:10 PM
    Not only that, but if I go to an app I know I bought, it's says "[BUY] $6.99" with no indication that I won't be charged again.
    Given than I'm being billed, doesn't Google need to provide some sort of system for seeing what I've downloaded?
    01-24-2011 04:16 PM
    Ok, so how do I view/change which Google account (of four) the Marketplace is using?
    It could be a different one becasue on the Vibrant I have paid Google Apps, and things were screwy with the account that maps to my domain, but worked with an @google.com email - but on this it may have used my google apps account.

I went to Market > Settings and I don't see any options...
    01-24-2011 04:24 PM
    Ok, so how do I view/change which Google account (of four) the Marketplace is using?
    It could be a different one becasue on the Vibrant I have paid Google Apps, and things were screwy with the account that maps to my domain, but worked with an @google.com email - but on this it may have used my google apps account.

I went to Market > Settings and I don't see any options...
    If you are using the same gmail account on the Nexus that you did on the Vibrant then you should have access to paid apps previously downloaded and not pay again. Go to checkout.google.com and log in with the account you had on the Vibrant. You will see all previously paid apps and can download them onto the Nexus as long as you are using the same account. You can't create a new Gmail account and download the paid apps from the old account for free.
    01-24-2011 04:35 PM
    Ok- I can see them in checkout, thanks.
    When I try and download the app., it still lists the paid price, then asks me my form of payment method:
    (1) T-Mobile account
    (2) Credit card ending in -nnnn
    (3) Add a new card

I assume it's getting the credit-card # in (2) from my google checkout account - so the idea is that I should choose that, and it won't re-bill me even though it still doesn't show that i've already paid?
    01-24-2011 04:45 PM
    No, it has re-billed me even on the same account:

Jan 24, 2011 Weekend Coders, LLC - FeedR News Reader View Order $1.99
    Nov 10, 2010 Weekend Coders, LLC - FeedR News Reader View Order $1.99
    01-24-2011 04:47 PM
    What I would do is contact the developers for whom you purchased apps with an see if they will send you a copy of the app. They may ask you for a receipt of payment, which you can get from Checkout. It's a pain, but should get you some paid apps back until the google checkout thing gets sorted
    01-24-2011 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD