A few quick questions

wesleY2g

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm going to be able to get an incredible within the next week, it's my first smart phone. I'm wondering if there's going to be able to set it up to where my phone will vibrate/ring when i receive a new email? Also, i've read some posts about yahoo mail not being compatible with most of the email apps or whatever. One more thing, is there anyway i could also get it to notify me when a new tweet is posted? Or will i have to just install a twitter app and keep checking. I follow about 4 people that are important to me and will need to know when they tweet something and I would prefer not having to open up a twitter app and check every 15 minutes. Thanks guys!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums...
Vibrate/ring for new email...Yes
Yahoo....Will work if set up correctly
Tweet....Yes you will receive notifications

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
For Yahoo, it won't work with the apps that come one the phone, but there are multiple apps in the market (K9 Mail, Maildroid, and Yahoo has their own app) that will make it work.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC :) You'll find that almost every app published in the Market has a notification setting. Some allow more settings for notifications than others, but generally speaking you'll be able to have good control over when you are notified of an update.