I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I was looking through some of my photos and saw 7 photos that I have not taken and no-one else has access to my phone. One of them is a screenshot of the missed calls list on an iPhone which is really bizarre! None of the numbers and names are anything to do with me. They were taken on 7 August, all at the same time of 22.11 and I was at home on my own then. They are all in a folder called Messenger which I did not create. The other weird thing is that the other 6 photos are of bracelets and I have my own business making and selling jewellery but not the type of bracelets that are in these photos! So I definitely would not have downloaded these pictures. Most of all, it is the screenshot from an iPhone that is freaking me out! Does anyone have any idea how this has happened?
    08-11-2015 11:21 AM
    The Messenger Folder probably comes from the Facebook Messenger app. Did you receive any pictures from anyone else there? It could also be from Google's Messaging app (but I don't think it saves the pictures automatically), maybe from MMS received?
    Javier P likes this.
    08-11-2015 12:11 PM
    Those could be photos that the messenger app downloaded automatically. In some phones the Facebook messenger and the stock sms/mms app share the same name. Check both. It could be possible that someone sent you those photos by mistake.

Edit. Ooooops! SpookDroid was quicker and posted while I was writing mine
    SpookDroid likes this.
    08-11-2015 12:14 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I haven't received any pictures. Not only do I think it is quite spooky but it makes me wonder if someone else has some of my photos on their phone! I'm assuming that it's to do with Google cloud maybe?!
    08-14-2015 12:41 PM
    Do you have a Samsung with a People option in the Gallery drop down list.
    Try unchecking People in the Google Account also.
    08-14-2015 02:00 PM
    No I've got a Sony phone. I've gone into Google settings but not sure what I need to click on to get to People?
    08-14-2015 02:22 PM
    The other weird thing is I've just noticed that the date and time of the photos has changed!! They were dated the 7th and now they're the 11th August. Gets spookier!
    08-14-2015 02:26 PM
    Naw. Forget that I think. It would be in Accounts - Google - Sync - People details, uncheck - but it's probably not the same as an issue with strange images appearing on my Samsung last year.

I will put a thread here anyway -

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...le-spooky.html
    08-14-2015 02:27 PM
    Thanks but like you say, it's probably not going to work for me as mine aren't of people. I'm guessing that maybe the photos of bracelets were automatically downloaded by one of the sites I'd visited but the screenshot from an iPhone is the one that is bugging me. And the fact that the date and time has changed on them. Thanks for replying though.
    08-14-2015 02:42 PM
    Thanks but like you say, it's probably not going to work for me as mine aren't of people. I'm guessing that maybe the photos of bracelets were automatically downloaded by one of the sites I'd visited but the screenshot from an iPhone is the one that is bugging me. And the fact that the date and time has changed on them. Thanks for replying though.
    It reminded me of this, but I think it's only iPhone to iPhone, and sorry about the nature of the details.

Police investigate 'first cyber-flashing' case - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33889225
    08-14-2015 03:12 PM
    I've had a quick look at the article, I suppose I should be pleased mine aren't offensive pictures, then I really would have a reason to be freaked out! I haven't deleted them yet but I think I will and then see if any of them reappear.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-14-2015 03:27 PM
    I've had a quick look at the article, I suppose I should be pleased mine aren't offensive pictures, then I really would have a reason to be freaked out! I haven't deleted them yet but I think I will and then see if any of them reappear.
    Let us know if you find the reason.
    girlygirl1966 likes this.
    08-14-2015 06:02 PM
    I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I was looking through some of my photos and saw 7 photos that I have not taken and no-one else has access to my phone. One of them is a screenshot of the missed calls list on an iPhone which is really bizarre! None of the numbers and names are anything to do with me. They were taken on 7 August, all at the same time of 22.11 and I was at home on my own then. They are all in a folder called Messenger which I did not create. The other weird thing is that the other 6 photos are of bracelets and I have my own business making and selling jewellery but not the type of bracelets that are in these photos! So I definitely would not have downloaded these pictures. Most of all, it is the screenshot from an iPhone that is freaking me out! Does anyone have any idea how this has happened?
    I'm having this same problem please let me know if you ever figured out what's going on
    09-10-2016 06:14 PM
    I'm having this same problem please let me know if you ever figured out what's going on
    Also having the same problem. Can anyone please help? Very unsettling having other people's photos in my gallery. Is this a problem with Google or Samsung?
    09-26-2016 05:12 PM
    Some how a picture was loaded to my cloud I did not take and is now causing me a problem. I have changed my Gmail password hopefully will correct
    10-24-2016 06:37 PM
    Yeah like four or five. One of them is a picture of deadpool another is a neon medical logo.
    09-16-2017 06:23 PM
    Try to search for the folder location of the files on your phone, this might give you a clue.
    In my case the pictures were all located under: com.samsung.android.smartcall provider

When I synched my phone to my computer, the pictures got into my google photo cloud.

By enabling the Samsung Smart Call app, the phone has downloaded pictures of local businesses (which caused me to freak out when they appeared in my photo stream). So now I've deleted the pictures and disabled the functionality
    09-29-2017 08:58 AM
    I recently found several naked selfies of other women in my husband's Google cloud while I was searching for pics of our son. It is very upsetting and he claims to have no knowledge of why they are there or who these people are. Additionally, very convincingly he said he'd never seen them before. I'm having a hard time with this. I just asked a for reassurance on another site and was lead to believe even further that it isn't possible to have random pics that aren't yours on your cloud. We have androids and I would definitely like some info on this as well. Thank you
    10-13-2017 06:20 PM
    It is possibile though. I have the same thing on my Galaxy S8. I don't have pictures of naked women, but just pictures that arent't mine. Nobody has access to my phone except me. Pictures have been created on days I didn't leave the house and I was all by myself. But I must say they often have to do with my interests... I went to Indonesia, Maleysia and Singapore recently and now I have unknown pictures of a lot of Asian food/restaurants. A few weeks ago I was talking with friends about new hair styles and hair salons, and I discovered pictures on my phone of hair products and salons... So you husband might not have been in contact with these women, but there might be a chance he has looked at explicit content somewhere or maybe via the ads of games etc... But be careful to drawn conclusions, I would say because it can cause unnecessary tensions in your mariage and these unknown pictures are really spooky... I haven't find the cause yet.
    10-22-2017 02:14 PM
    I just had this exact I mean exact same issue with my husbands phone yesterday I too having a rough time with the belief that he didn’t know anything about these pictures.so I am going to say that there is something crazy happening and maybe the google cloud has been hacked or something. This is definitely weird but I really feel like something crazy is happening
    I recently found several naked selfies of other women in my husband's Google cloud while I was searching for pics of our son. It is very upsetting and he claims to have no knowledge of why they are there or who these people are. Additionally, very convincingly he said he'd never seen them before. I'm having a hard time with this. I just asked a for reassurance on another site and was lead to believe even further that it isn't possible to have random pics that aren't yours on your cloud. We have androids and I would definitely like some info on this as well. Thank you
    11-02-2017 10:57 AM
    Hi poodlefluff, I have had the same thing happen to me recently and it has been devastating. My husband has a spare phone that connects to the internet through WiFi...it has no phone service. We have used this phone to record videos and stuff of us. Recently I found several pictures and a few 20 second videos of a girl’s ******. (And no it’s not me, she had blue finger nails.) It appears that she is taking the shots herself. He swears up and down that he has no idea how the pictures got on the phone much less does he know who it is. (But of coarse) The phone stays in his bag most of the time. I want to believe him but we’ve been having problems and this is the nail in the coffin so to speak. I will say that I have had no evidence of him cheating until I found this picture. I have been reading up on this subject and some people are saying that photos can automatically be downloaded from a texting app that you use through WiFi. Which makes sense because this phone is not hooked up to service and he uses WiFi with it. I have a texting app on my iPad, but he’s the only person I text and it’s his regular cell phone # I’m texting, not this phone. He could have downloaded a texting app on this spare phone so that it’s not on his main phone, and easier to hide. However I have more access to this phone than I do his regular phone. Or let’s just say I have an easier time getting ahold of this phone versus his regular cell phone. He did not delete these photos yet, and offerered to let me see the pictures again for investigation. He says he wants to find out who it is or where the pictures came from too.The thought of looking at the pics again makes me sick, so I declined. However, He is out of town right now, and as soon as he gets back I’m going to get ahold of this phone and see if he has downloaded any texting apps. I figure if he’s deleting them, I can check recent downloads or type any and every texting app into the play store and see if it’s been downloaded before. Im also going to check the time and info on the photos if there is any. I’m so scared just thinking about it makes my adrenaline flow. I’m so scared of what I will find. Have you found anymore information about your situation? I have been reading about people having random pics show up on their phone that they have no idea how they got there or who it is in the photo. It gave me some hope.....but the texting app makes more sense unfortunately. I have really not talked to anyone about this because I know they would be thinking I am such a fool for believeing him. Which, part of me wants to believe him but it’s very difficult. We have been together for 13 years and married for 7. We have a 6 year old son, and as much as we fight, and everything we’ve been through, we still have an incredible sex life. We have been having problems because he has lied to me, but I’ve found no evidence of another girl, and trust me I have been on it. And frankly I just don’t think he is slick enough to get anything like seeing another woman past me with the investigating I have done. But I can’t be 100% sure. And he could very well get away with just texting and stuff. I’m just so confused.
    I’m afraid if I don’t solve this once and for all, we may end up divorced. I cannot let this go. I thought it would be nice to talk to someone going through kinda the same thing.....
    11-13-2017 07:04 PM
    Hi Jewelbabie44, the exact same thing happened on my husband's phone, legit - I watched it happen. I saw my husband take a screenshot of an email he received from his uni, then 10 minutes later THAT SAME EMAIL PICTURE changed into a selfie of a lady's shoulder in the bath, then 30 mins later the very same photo changed to a boob selfie. The funny thing is, only the thumbnail changed. in the gallery view, it looks like a boob selfie, if we clicked on it, it changed to an email screenshot. It was freaking him out because he'd sent that email screenshot to my family. He was showing me all the times the image changed. There is some kind of bug. I'm wondering if it's because many phones label their photos and screenshots filename as the date and time down to the millisecond. So it's possible that there are dozens of files floating round the web with the exact same filename. So I wouldn't call it divorce on that one issue, it may legitimately be a glitch. It's freaky and disturbing for a glitch though.
    11-20-2017 10:58 PM
    PLEASE READ:

Hi, I'm responding to an old thred and just set up an account with AC.

The images either synced into your gallery by another app or cloud, or, you downloaded a photo editing app that automatically downloaded examples and thumbnails!

I doubt random photos in your gallery are a virus, it's not impossible.

Click the options button while looking at a photo, and go to details, read the info and sometimes it will tell you where it came from and when. If it's suspicious, download a good virus scan tool, and run a scan, dont jump right to deleting the photo yet because it might not actually get rid of the virus. if the virus can't be eliminated easily, try a factor reset.

These are the steps I can give you without getting into highly technical diagnostics. But rest assured it's probably no big deal!
    09-18-2018 10:03 AM