Can I get some help deciding on a new phone?

A

AC Question

need help deciding on new phone

I haven't used Android since the original Droid days. I am trying to decide between the Nexus 6 (Verizon) and Galaxy S6 (Verizon). What should I do? Is Verizon still blocking updates on the Nexus devices or has that been set straight? How annoying is Touch Wiz? Any insight would be appreciated.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: need help deciding on new phone

Not a Verizon customer so I can't add my 2 cents to that comment, but the S6 would get my vote. I've had both the Nexus 6 and currently have the S6. The Nexus 6 is brilliant, excellent battery, front facing speakers, cracking screen but on the big size, it's almost 6 inches! The S6 has the better of the cameras, it's easier to hold and it looks better imo.

Touchwiz has been toned down a lot since the S4 / S5 and now with the new theme store you can customise how touchwiz looks. I am currently running the material theme from the Samsung Theme store as well as Action Launcher 3.

You won't be disappointed with either device.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Back. I was unaware of a themes store. Thanks!

Not a problem and welcome to AC :)

Yeah Samsung have their own Theme store now, where you can download a theme which changes more or less everything. Most of the themes are free too.