Hi!
    My LG G3 phone got stolen last week when I was on vacation in France. My location were turned off and I hadn't installed any apps to find my phone. Is there any way I still can locate my phone? I found out I can download apps from Google Play to my phone from my computer, so also if you know about any apps that can turn on my phone's GPS, I would love to know!
    I hope someone can answer this.
    08-13-2015 05:55 AM
    Hello. This is only a possibility. What will also be a possibility is your device has been found by a nice person who would like return it to you. (happens more often than not).

It's possible that Google's Android Device Manager is set on your device by default. (Settings - Security - Device Administrators - Android Device Manager)

www.google.com/android/devicemanager.

See if the G3 comes up as one of your devices. Good news?

If your phone is on but Location is set to off, it won't be able to locate it.

You don't need Location to be on to put a Lock on the screen, while also putting a "please return" type message on the lock screen for someone to read, and an alternate phone number to call you from via a dial button that is put on the screen. (so they can call from the G3 while locked.)

The Lock function and message will become active shortly after it is turned on, so even it has been off for a few days, the Lock commands will arrive when there is a signal.

Your device may have been stolen and reset in which case you are out of luck.

If you are more worried about data security you can also use Android Device Manager to Wipe / Reset the device in the same way.

You can report the imei number to your carrier if you don't think you will get it back and it will be blacklisted, so it cannot be used, though I am not sure if that happens internationally.
    Nuca787 likes this.
    08-13-2015 07:15 AM
    Thank you for a detailed answer!

Sadly, I know that it is stolen because two boys took it from my bag right in front of my eyes...

I checked Google's Android Device Manager and I found my LG G3 as one of my devices. I locked the phone and left a message just as you said.

Yes, I am considering to reset my device, but I don't know if I want to or not. The reason I want to find my phone is because of my photos, so if I delete them from my phone, I will lose them for sure. On the other hand, maybe I should, since then they can not use my data... Idk...

But again, thank you for your help
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-15-2015 04:11 PM
    Thank you for a detailed answer!

Sadly, I know that it is stolen because two boys took it from my bag right in front of my eyes...

I checked Google's Android Device Manager and I found my LG G3 as one of my devices. I locked the phone and left a message just as you said.

Yes, I am considering to reset my device, but I don't know if I want to or not. The reason I want to find my phone is because of my photos, so if I delete them from my phone, I will lose them for sure. On the other hand, maybe I should, since then they can not use my data... Idk...

But again, thank you for your help
    Thanks for registering and replying.

Merde! (that's all my French)

As others here will tell you, if it was stolen it was for profit and they would not be interested in photos so they would wipe it straight away.

Me, I don't have my screen locked so I would be worried about using my mail and other accounts, so I would wipe it after a period.

I am interested in Android Device Manager because there are always new aspects to it or missing from it and it's not perfect, so I think it would be nice if we could know when the device is turned on or the lock conmand reached the device before it was wiped with the external buttons.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your next device and join in the forums.
    08-15-2015 04:27 PM