So I opened my Web browser just a minute ago and a window opened saying I had caught a virus from visiting adult sites, it gave me two options that said I could ignore it or download some virus remover from the app store, without thinking I downloaded this virus remover and scanned my phone with it. I realized what I had done and completly rebooted my phone and got an legitimate anti virus and scanned it with that and it said my phone was clean.

Im now wondering if there's anything I should be worried about here I know I should never click on pop ups and now I'm freaking out my phone is gonna get all messed up. Can anybody with any knowledge about this kind of thing tell me if I did something irreversable and if I should be concerned. Thanks.
    08-15-2015 08:39 PM
    Well I don't visit adult sites so ultimately have not ran into this. At the same time it might have been a trick to infect your phone with a virus. But to get to give you an answer, download 360 Security and run a scan on your phone. Do what it says and maybe, hopefully, it'll show all clear.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
    Speck Candyshell
    ZAGG Tempered Glass
    08-15-2015 08:46 PM
    So I opened my Web browser just a minute ago and a window opened saying I had caught a virus from visiting adult sites, it gave me two options that said I could ignore it or download some virus remover from the app store, without thinking I downloaded this virus remover and scanned my phone with it. I realized what I had done and completly rebooted my phone and got an legitimate anti virus and scanned it with that and it said my phone was clean.

Im now wondering if there's anything I should be worried about here I know I should never click on pop ups and now I'm freaking out my phone is gonna get all messed up. Can anybody with any knowledge about this kind of thing tell me if I did something irreversable and if I should be concerned. Thanks.
    install and scan -

Lookout

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=80EY6ohS
    08-15-2015 08:47 PM
    360 security is what the thing originally sent me to, I downloaded 360 and it said one threat found, when my other avg anti virus had said none. I clicked clean my device on the 360 security an now it says it's fine, I'm not sure though.
    08-16-2015 09:12 PM
    Gekko I did what you said and it said there was no Spyware or Malware detected, can I take off my tinfoil hat now?
    08-16-2015 09:33 PM
    Gekko I did what you said and it said there was no Spyware or Malware detected, can I take off my tinfoil hat now?
    it sounds like you are probably ok. i wouldn't worry about it. web sites/web ads sometimes do that to try to scare you into buying something.

good luck.
    08-17-2015 06:52 AM
    Gekko, now that I re-setted my phone back to factory settings, are all unclean files gone for good.

I'm kind of ignorant about phones and stuff.
    08-17-2015 02:01 PM
    Gekko, now that I re-setted my phone back to factory settings, are all unclean files gone for good.

I'm kind of ignorant about phones and stuff.
    yes. manually reinstall apps one by one and only those you trust and from Google Play Store. also, install Lookout App first and let it scan each install as well.

good luck.
    08-17-2015 05:12 PM