Why are my gallery photos mixed up?

A

AC Question

Why are my gallery photos mixed up

I was looking through my pictures and I saw that they were randomly sorted . Pictures are not in right order according to dste. So I checked the details of some pictures and it showed that the date taken was in fact am incorrect date, the image name actually had the correct date init. Any way to fix this???
It's really frustrating to see that the dates changed and to have all my pictures messed up.

Thank you

RustyLH

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Here's a better idea. Make an OS that allows us to determine the order we want the pictures to show up in. I literally took a folder of pictures, gave them a number for the title, and had them in order. Then I placed that folder in my phone. So I then open that folder in my phone, and the preview thumbnails are in the correct order. I proceed to click on the first picture, and it opens. I swipe left to view the next picture, and it is the wrong picture. I swipe left a few more.pictures, and I am at the end. So the first of 65 pictures, is now around number 61. That is wrong. Android OS should not be rearranging my pictures.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
It is not android that is missorting your images, it is the picture app you are using.

At the file system, there is "date the file is created" and "date the file is modified". Here the contents of the file are not important.
In a picture file, the EXIF data contains "date captured" and "date edited", among other dates.

Some picture apps distinguish between all these dates, while many photo apps do not.
Give "piktures" by DIUNE a try:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.diune.pictures&token=smsmfGNr

That said, all the photos from both my phone camera and my DSLRs are named according to the capture timestamp, thus sort by name and sort by capture date are the same, even for apps that don't understand what a capture date is.

xiaobao12

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I am having a similar problem. It's hard to describe but I will try my best. I have a Galaxy Note 5.

Simply put, my photos in the gallery app are not being organized by timestamp as of 5 days ago. Here is what is happening now: I take a photo (let's call it photo z), photo z will get pushed back about 17 photos. So, in gallery, I would see, 16 older photos, then photo z. If I took another photo (photo x), the same thing would happen and I would see: 16 photos, photo x, z. So, the block of 16 photos is remaining as the newest photos.

Here is the weird thing though; if I take a photo in camera app, the resulting picture can be immediately seen in the bottom right square (let's call it picture x). If I click on that, it enlarges the picture and I see the full screen view of picture x. If I scroll right, the order is right and all of the photos are in the order they should be. Even the block of 16 photos is where it should be. Now, if I click on the back arrow in the top left, it will take me back to the camera shooting view. This is where it malfunctions; the preview picture in the bottom right is no longer picture x - it's the first picture of the block of 16 pictures.

Can anybody help?

Thank you!

EDIT: I just noticed that the date for the block of 16 pictures is a date in the future! The filename is correct but the date info is for 9/4/2017! What could cause this?

Last edited:

rshewmaker

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why are my gallery photos mixed up

I was just seeing if you found an answer to this. My phone (Sprint S7 edge) was perfect until 1 month ago. About 100 random photos got duplicated or just moved to Nov 1. It's annoying because a lot of them I know I had permanently deleted.

Goose Juice

Jun 26, 2018
Visit site
Hey. Heeey!
You just lowered my blood pressure, prevented me from throwing this Samsung phone and thereby won the day!!
THANK YOU a million times for suggesting this app.

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Gallery app mixed up my photos. How to reverse this?

Hi everyone
I was moving my Whatsapp media to the SD card. After it was done, 10,000+ pictures now appear on today's date. This is SO DAMN ANNOYING! How can I fix this? I heard about this app called EXIF it changes metadata of pics. I have no idea how to use it either, please help!

awesomekid1589

Dec 14, 2018
Visit site
Re: Samsung Gallery app mixed up my photos. How to reverse this?

I have exactly the same problem as you, and those apps don't help. I've got all my photos as the right date on my phone, it just doesn't get sorted by that date. For example you could get a whatsapp image from February at the top and at the bottom one from October. Anyone got the solution to this??

awesomekid1589

Dec 14, 2018
Visit site

I have exactly the same problem as you, and those apps don't help. I've got all my photos as the right date on my phone, it just doesn't get sorted by that date. For example you could get a whatsapp image from February at the top and at the bottom one from October. Anyone got the solution to this??

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

Feb at the top, Oct at the bottom: is that not correct for sorting by date?

The picture apps usually have multiple sorting options. Which one have you picked?

Which phone?
Which version of android?
Which carrier?
Which picture app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz