Is there a fix for the Galaxy Trend 4.0.4 lag?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: How can I reinstall android 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy Trend???

My mobile have a lag so I want to reinstall my android, mabye it will fix a lag..
Welcome to the forums!

Rather than re-installing the software, try clearing the cache partition first then a factory reset. If that doesn't work, then try installing the factory firmware.

To get into recovery to clear cache: power off. Hold volume down+home+power button until recovery loads. Use volume down to highlight clear cache partition and power to accept. Let us know if that works.

acme266

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!

Rather than re-installing the software, try clearing the cache partition first then a factory reset. If that doesn't work, then try installing the factory firmware.

To get into recovery to clear cache: power off. Hold volume down+home+power button until recovery loads. Use volume down to highlight clear cache partition and power to accept. Let us know if that works.

First way does not work. I getting word "warning" when try first way. Second way i don't understand. How to install the factory firmware?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

First way does not work. I getting word "warning" when try first way. Second way i don't understand. How to install the factory firmware?

You'll have to find a copy of the factory firmware and install it with Odin. These items are not publicly released by Samsung and you'll have to find them online. I would advise against that since it doesn't sound like it's necessary for you scenario.