Afraid Repair Shop may have stolen my data, how can I protect my data?

A

AC Question

Afraid Repair Shop may have stolen my data

Hi friends,

Today I did a most unwise thing: I left my smartphone in a repair shop without wiping all my personal data off of it. Now I'm afraid I may have fallen victim of stolen personal data.

I know this was plain dumb. I now ask myself what sort of trace that may have left behind. Log files? Perhaps Android somehow has recorded all access there has been to my files? I'm guessing the phone was connected by USB to a PC. Even if there is no such thing - or in the event that the phone was subjected to the creation of a some sort image file containing all its contents - maybe I can even rely upon some forensic tools in order to find out what interaction there has been with my phone during the hours I left it at the shop?

Phone: Vodafone Smart Prime 6 (VF-895N).
Android 5.0.2 Lollipop

Many thanks any tries on alleviating my pain.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Afraid Repair Shop may have stolen my data

Welcome to Android Central! Is there any reason you think they may have stolen your data, or are you just worried because you didn't wipe the device first? The vast majority of times, these are decent folks in busy stores, so they probably wouldn't have any time to spend on trying to hack your data. Unless there are any warning signs, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

zeph7r

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Afraid Repair Shop may have stolen my data

Hey B. Diddy, thanks for replying! (it's me again, now fully registered) I can't say I have any particular reason to be preoccupied, since there hasn't been any sign of alarm yet; however, if the information contained in the logs corroborated what I already know, I would be much more relieved. I'm kinda afraid I find some old document of mine in a shady website sometime in the future.

I'm wondering if there's anything of the likes of /var/log/messages in android (or any other log files)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21