Is there a way to do a directory creation in apps?

anon(9607521)

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Directory creation in "apps"

Hello. So, we can create folders/directories without any difficulty on our Home screen or other screens, and organize the icons of similar apps close together. But, we can't do the same in the "apps" section (when we click the button on the lower right corner of the screen, to get into all of the apps installed in the system).

For non-rooted devices, is there an app that makes it possible to create folders under "apps" ? I know it's possible because the carrier has some folders added there, but users are blocked from creating their own.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Directory creation in "apps"

Which phone do you have? Some devices let you create folders in your drawer, but for the rest of them you'll need to install a custom launcher such as Nova Prime.

anon(9607521)

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site

It's a Samsung Galaxy Gran Prime Duos, SM-G530H, G530HVCU1AOE1.
Yes, the drawer, that's exactly where I want to create the folders (if need be), but I didn't know how to call it, so I described it in my OP. Thank you.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I've never used that phone so I can't check that for you. After a quick search I just found a couple of comments saying that option isn't available. Just in case you could try this. Open your app drawer and tap on the overflow menu (three dots top right). In some Samsung devices the option to create folders is there. If not maybe you'll need to download a custom launcher from the Play Store.

anon(9607521)

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site

I'll do some research on custom launchers then, and hopefully they can solve this problem without the need of rooting. Thanks.

To answer to your query though, yeah, that's the problem exactly. The three dots, there's just no option there for this.

Cheers!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Nova launcher is one of the most popular and the one I use. You can create folders in the drawer using it but only with the Prime version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech