i debated if i should ask this question here or not but i figured someone out there must have encountered this dilemma. . .

so i want to upgrade my phone to the g2. i currently have the moto cliq and it's driving me nuts. my boyfriend and i are on the same plan. he is long overdue for an upgrade but i am not. if i upgrade my phone to the g2, i would be paying 3x as much as he would if he were upgrading to it. my question is, if he "upgrades" his phone to the g2 but then i put my sim card in it, will it work? i here conflicting stories that you need to use the sim card that comes with the phone in order for it to work properly. is there a way to get around this?
    01-28-2011 06:01 PM
    I have 4 lines on a family plan and never have a problem using someone else's upgrade. Just tell the rep you would like to use the other lines upgrade for your line.
    monizzle likes this.
    01-28-2011 06:08 PM
    turns out it was super easy using his upgrade. i am now the proud owner of a G2.
    01-31-2011 05:28 PM
    i here conflicting stories that you need to use the sim card that comes with the phone in order for it to work properly
    You already know this if you're using the G2 but that is not correct. If the device was bound to a specific SIM it would defeat the purpose of the SIM. That said, network/subsidy locks aren't uncommon in the US to prevent the use of the phone with another carrier's SIM.
    02-01-2011 09:10 AM