How can I get my Galaxy S6 to connect to Windows 8.1 Pro?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S6 can't connect to Windows 8.1 Pro

I have a Samsung Galaxy s6 SAMSUNG-SM-G920A and I'm trying to connect it to my Windows 8.1 pro PC. However, my PC does not recognize it. If I restart my pc I see the purple message box in the top right that says "SAMSUNG-SM-G920A You have new choices for this device." If I click there, it takes me to a window where I can choose what action I want to take such as view files. After that, nothing happens. I do not see my phone in device manager, in file explorer, or under my PC. I'm trying to run my phone in debugging mode. I have the same result whether I put it in debug mode or not.

Both devices are up to date and I have installed the Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones.

Any idea where I can start to troubleshoot this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 can't connect to Windows 8.1 Pro

Welcome to Android Central! When you connect, do you see a USB connection notification in the phone's notification bar? If so, swipe down, tap the notification, and make sure MTP is selected.

Esanders323

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

Yes, MTP is selected. The device continuously connects and disconnects, although most of the time it's disconnected and just stays that way.
Could it be a cable issue? I'm using the one that came with the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Could be a problem with the cable, or where it connects to the phone or the computer. Try a different cable first.

Esanders323

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Seems like it was the cable. I was using the standard one that came with the phone, but after buying a new one at the store, it not longer drops the connection.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11