I have a Samsung Galaxy s6 SAMSUNG-SM-G920A and I'm trying to connect it to my Windows 8.1 pro PC. However, my PC does not recognize it. If I restart my pc I see the purple message box in the top right that says "SAMSUNG-SM-G920A You have new choices for this device." If I click there, it takes me to a window where I can choose what action I want to take such as view files. After that, nothing happens. I do not see my phone in device manager, in file explorer, or under my PC. I'm trying to run my phone in debugging mode. I have the same result whether I put it in debug mode or not.

Both devices are up to date and I have installed the Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones.

Any idea where I can start to troubleshoot this?
    08-19-2015 10:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you connect, do you see a USB connection notification in the phone's notification bar? If so, swipe down, tap the notification, and make sure MTP is selected.
    08-19-2015 11:12 PM
    Yes, MTP is selected. The device continuously connects and disconnects, although most of the time it's disconnected and just stays that way.
    Could it be a cable issue? I'm using the one that came with the phone.
    08-19-2015 11:22 PM
    Could be a problem with the cable, or where it connects to the phone or the computer. Try a different cable first.
    08-20-2015 12:05 AM
    Seems like it was the cable. I was using the standard one that came with the phone, but after buying a new one at the store, it not longer drops the connection.

Thanks!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-20-2015 11:29 PM