This only happens when I type into the address bar, not when I type it into Google directly.

I have gone into Google Activity Controls controls and paused 'Your searches and browsing activity', but every time I do a new search it saves it. This happens in Chrome and in my stock browser app but not in the Google app. It doesn't happen on my laptop either. I

I can clear the history, and I have tried clearing the data of the apps in 'Application Manager', but as soon as I do a new search it saves my history. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 mini running Android 4.1.2. I am tearing my hair out, please help!
    08-20-2015 09:38 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try turning your Search History off in your Google Account. On your computer browser, history.google.com. Make sure you're logged in, then click on the Menu button (the 3 vertical dot button at the upper right) and click Settings. You can turn off Search History there, or fine-tune it.
    08-20-2015 01:24 PM
    Thanks B.Diddy. That's what I've done, it takes you to 'Activity Controls' and I've 'paused' these, which is apparently what you're supposed to do (this seems to be Google's confusing new way to say 'Turn off search history'), and it doesn't show any history under 'manage activity' (which is where it shows up when you don't have it 'paused'), but when I type into the address bar of my browser it comes up with my previous searches as suggestions. I spent hours today trying to figure out where I was going wrong but I seem to be doing what you're supposed to do it's just not working, so I thought I would ask some folk who know a lot ore about this sort of thing than I do.
    08-20-2015 03:20 PM
    One workaround is to use Incognito Mode all the time.
    08-20-2015 03:29 PM
    Yup, I think that's what I'll need to do, thanks for your help
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-23-2015 05:26 PM