I have a Sandisk 128 gig microSD card. I have two devices that are supposed to handle that size -- a Blackberry Passport and an Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3. The Idol 3 seems to think the card is locked and I can't move or copy files to it while it's in the phone. Put it in the Passport or connect it to my PC and I can add or remove files with no issue. I've even reformatted to FAT32, just to be sure. It was bought directly from Amazon, so I'm sure it's not a low capacity fake. Is there some software switch I need to toggle on the Idol 3 to get the card to work right?
    08-21-2015 05:59 PM
    It's still worth running SD Insight, to make sure it's legit.
    08-22-2015 02:48 AM
    It's still worth running SD Insight, to make sure it's legit.
    SD Insight says it's a 128 gig sd card made by SanDisk. And, as I said, it works fine in the PC or in my Passport, but apparently read only in the Idol 3. It's already close to half full.
    08-22-2015 11:29 PM
    Hmm, not sure. Since Alcatel specifically says it can handle up to 128 GB, it might be worth contacting their support about this: ALCATEL ONETOUCH - Support
    kraski likes this.
    08-22-2015 11:43 PM
    Hmm, not sure. Since Alcatel specifically says it can handle up to 128 GB, it might be worth contacting their support about this: ALCATEL ONETOUCH - Support
    Yeah. Their manual seems to be quite good at the common things like setting up email, but leaves a lot of the less evident stuff out. I was hoping it might be a software toggle that someone knew where to find it or a utility that would handle it. Guess it's time to find out how good their CS is. Thanks for the help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-23-2015 09:32 AM
    I called support. The gentleman had me try using the built in file manager and it transferred to the sd card without a hitch. So the issue seems to be with my preferred file manager, Ghost Commander. I like two pane file managers and that's the only one I've seen for Android. Interestingly, I have Ghost Commander on my Passport and it works fine with the 128 gig sd card. So, maybe it's something Alcatel unintentiionally did with Android that doesn't like Ghost Commander. Thanks, again, for the help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-24-2015 03:39 PM
    I like Total Commander, in case you want another file manager recommendation--although it's not really dual pane.
    08-24-2015 06:10 PM
    I like Total Commander, in case you want another file manager recommendation--although it's not really dual pane.
    I'll try it.

An off topic question. Over on Crackberry my message count shows both the number of messages there and Mobile Nations global count, but here I only see my 100 or so AC post count, which is definitely less than the 2500 total overall. It that a glitch or intentional? It makes me look like a noob, even though I'm not.
    08-24-2015 06:39 PM
    I think the site admins removed the Global count (as well as the Thanked and Liked count) a few weeks ago. Not sure why. You can send them a message and suggest that it be added back: Contact | Android Central
    08-24-2015 08:45 PM
    I think the site admins removed the Global count (as well as the Thanked and Liked count) a few weeks ago. Not sure why. You can send them a message and suggest that it be added back: Contact | Android Central
    OK. On another not, I did a little searching for two pane file managers. As it turns out TC is one. And one of the articles said Ghost Commander and Total Commander were related. I forget which it said was based on the other. Anyway, I have TC installed and, in a round about way, solved my problem. It had the same issue as Ghost Commander, but popped up a message saying I had to go through a process of selecting the sd card because of a restriction in Android 5. I'm not sure if that's every time or it's a one time thing. I'm hoping it's one time because the extra steps are a pain and having to do that every time could get very annoying.

At least till Ghost Commander includes a way to do that, I'm now on Total Commander. Which is also a pain in a way. While the two are related, they do things differently. So, nothing is automatic anymore. At least till I learn the TC commands. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-25-2015 04:52 AM