I also have installed Google Keyboard app on my tablet and have selected my main Google account as the sync account. The dictionary was initially empty but I have added some words. I also pressed "Sync now" after adding the words.

I have also installed the Google Keyboard app on my phone and just have also selected the same account as on the tablet and have pressed "Sync now". BUT the dictionary hasn't transferred to my phone.

Any ideas on how to make this will work? Thanks!
    08-24-2015 09:15 PM
    Anyone? Just tried it again on a new install and it still doesn't sync. I also just added some word on an empty dictionary. Thanks
    10-08-2015 04:42 PM
    It has never synced to my other devices. Only to itself like after a wipe. I wonder if anyone that talks about this feature actually checked to see if it works. 3 phones and 1 tablet and none of the dictionaries synch. Yes Google account sync and in the Google keyboard app show it's syncing.
    10-23-2015 11:13 PM
    I've had the same problem for months, and I haven't found any fix. Since the Google Keyboard Sync became available earlier this year, I haven't been able to synchronize my custom dictionaries to my Google account. I can enable the feature, but the syncing process never succeeds. In the Accounts menu in the phone settings, I can see how it is trying to sync (see attached screen capture), but after a long while it times out and fails.

How do I sync my dictionary between devices (Google Keyboard)?-screenshot2.png

I have two devices, a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 7 (2013), and the same ocurrs in both. I have also reset the phone/tablet to factory settings several times, tried deletting the cache and application data, uninstalling and reinstalling updates and none of these procedures worked for me.

Anyone found a solution?
    12-12-2015 04:23 AM
    I've had the same problem for months, and I haven't found any fix. Since the Google Keyboard Sync became available earlier this year, I haven't been able to synchronize my custom dictionaries to my Google account. I can enable the feature, but the syncing process never succeeds. In the Accounts menu in the phone settings, I can see how it is trying to sync (see attached screen capture), but after a long while it times out and fails.

I have two devices, a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 7 (2013), and the same ocurrs in both. I have also reset the phone/tablet to factory settings several times, tried deletting the cache and application data, uninstalling and reinstalling updates and none of these procedures worked for me.

Anyone found a solution?
    Try removing the Google Account then add it back. Hopefully that fixes the problem with the syncing not completing.
    12-12-2015 12:06 PM
    Try removing the Google Account then add it back. Hopefully that fixes the problem with the syncing not completing.
    No luck. And a factory reset didn't help either. But thanks for your reply!
    12-13-2015 03:49 AM
    I'm having problems with the sync of Google Keyboard, i can't make it work. Any tips???

How do I sync my dictionary between devices (Google Keyboard)?-xufz4mz.png
    12-18-2015 05:39 AM