Why won't my phone play media audio on the Bluetooth speaker?

A

AC Question

Why won't my phone play media audio on the bluetooth speaker

Ok, so this started happening to me about a month ago. When I tried to connect to my JBL flip Bluetooth speaker, it connected just fine, but the audio was still playing on my phone as apposed to the speaker. I tried everything and then tried calling someone and hanging up to see if the phone audio would fix the media audio. It worked, the audio played on the speaker for a little while, but then it reverted back to playing on my phone speakers. If I call someone and hang up again, it will play the media audio for a time before going back to playing on the phone. Don't want to do a hard reset, but will if no one knows what's going on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why won't my phone play media audio on the bluetooth speaker

Welcome to Android Central! When it doesn't play, go to Settings>Bluetooth and select the Flip's settings. Is Media Audio checked on?

Gstein99

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site

I have it checked. But, like I said it will play if I call someone and hang up first.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

This is a Bluetooth headset, right? I wonder if there's some kind of sleep functionality that is malfunctioning, causing the media audio to turn off after a certain amount of time. Do you know if that headset has any kind of firmware update available?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos