Boot animation bricked my Sony Xperia SP... partially?

Zycarite

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
[XPERIAS SP/STOCK ROM/ROOTED/NON-UNLOCKABLE BOOTLOADER/NO CWM/SUPERSU/BUSYBOX]

I was changing my boot animation last night (and it was working with different animations) on the stock rom with the stock rom on a Sony Xperia SP. I accidentally changed the resolution, and now it won't boot up. I can only assume that the phone is attempting to boot regardless, as the "Sony" logo shows, followed by a black screen, then after a short amount of time a dimmed black screen, then a re-brightened black screen (As it re-brightens I can only assume I've reached the lock screen).

I have gotten it to boot successfully before.
Once pressing random buttons which looks like I forced a resolution change, which I screwed up by changing the boot animation without changing the resolution (which didn't fix anything obviously) causing it to restart.
The second time was after that, I somehow booted it into safemode, but I reinserted my sim card (after taking it out in desperation) causing it to auto-restart.

I haven't been able to boot into safe mode since.
I'd prefer if there was non-computer solutions. Until the 30th I have no laptop, just a tablet and a functioning RPi.

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you're going to have to wait 3 days - then flash a stock ROM (which is why you should always back everything up before you play with things).