Which screen protector should I get for my Galaxy S6?

kslim619

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,
So I'm looking for a screen protector for my Galaxy S6(not Edge). Tempered Glass doesn't matter. My main priority is clearness and fingerprints. The less fingerprints the better. Also a warranty is cool. Less than 10$ too. And the case I'm gonna get is the Obliq Dual Poly Bumper.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No fingerprints means a less glossy protector (but whether the fingerprints show or not, they're there, and will eventually smear across the screen protector, making the screen look dull.). About all you really want from the protector is that when it gets scratched, it's cheap and easy to replace. (It's going to get scratched - even tempered glass will.)

If you're not going to put the phone into an Otterbox Commuter or Defender (which is what I recommend - I wouldn't drive over a phone in one, but it sure feels as if it could take it), any 3/$5 plastic protector is good. Three of them should last at least as long as you want to keep the phone (my first one on my Note 3 lasted about 15 months, until I peeled it off because the phone was already in an Otterbox - and it didn't have a scratch on it - my wife's is still on hers after 22 months and still looks new, and I still have a 3rd one in the package).

For fingerprints, get a microfiber lens cleaning cloth and a little spray bottle of lens cleaning solution (any eyeglass place, including the ones at Walmart, carry them). Spray a corner of the cloth, clean off the fingerprints and use the dry part of the cloth to dry the screen.

kslim619

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
That makes sense. The fingerprint thing isn't that serious. Just some screen protectors, you touch it and a fat print is there. My main question is just, out of all the 3-8$ screens, which one is actually worth buying that, functions right (protects the screen and is clear), cut outs are correct, and it fits my case I'm gonna buy. And to narrow it down even more, I'd choose one that give 1-2 screens with a warranty over 3 and no warranty. I rarely EVER drop my phone, so protection isn't like a big big thing. But I am cautious

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What I look for is the thinnest I can find and the best hardness (for tempered glass, which I prefer), and preferably rounded edges.

I bought a Kastar brand off Amazon for my M8 and it's been great. It was $8 for a two pack with a lifetime warranty. I bought it in March and still on the first glass. Heck, I'm not even sure where the other from the pack went, but I'm not concerned. It's still scratch free when I've scratched gorilla glass in the same environment, but I consider screen protectors to be somewhat consumable. They are meant to take the scratches so your screen doesn't, so it's expected that they wear out after some time. But even with the lifetime warranty on mine, they are cheap enough to not be a concern.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar