How do I sync linked contacts on my phone with Google Contacts?

wilbur101

May 21, 2015
Visit site
How to sync "linked" contacts on my phone with Google Contacts

I love how my android phone allows me to link individual contacts across multiple accounts (eg: Google, ActiveSync, Skype, facebook, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, Viber etc).

But when I sync with my Google Contacts (my primary contact source) it only syncs with the Google part of the contact on my phone. (ie: when I open a Google contact on my computer browser, it only shows the original Google data, and not the data from all the other accounts).

Is there a way/app that will allow me to sync ALL the contact data in the "linked" contacts on my phone with my Google Contacts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to sync "linked" contacts on my phone with Google Contacts

I don't think that's possible, because sync is two-way, and if Google started modifying the info from the other accounts, then things would get very messy. You could export the contact info from those other accounts, then import them into Google Contacts on the web, and then you could join that info there. But then that would all sync to your phone, which would lead to duplication of information.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to sync "linked" contacts on my phone with Google Contacts

Export all your contacts. Import them as Google contacts. Sync. Go to Google Contacts/More and merge duplicate contacts. Sync the phone again.